Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted DA50s back in stock!

Non-restricted DA50s back in stock!

We've added fixed A2 style stocks.

They're going fast!

CLICK HERE

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 2533
Size:  98.2 KB
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    I was on the fence and now you do not leave me much options. Lol

CGN Regular
    Would a standard modified ar upper fit on that lower? Im aware it wouldn't have a magwell but I think someone is importing belt fed upper that doesn't need the magwell
    Last edited by John Rambo; 04-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The whole point of this lower is to not fit with an AR so as not to be restricted.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The whole point of this lower is to not fit with an AR so as not to be restricted.
    But the da50 upper does fit on an AR lower. From what I understand It needs a small modification to fit on the NR lower. Could this same modification be made to an other ar upper to fit on the NR lower?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Would a standard modified ar upper fit on that lower? Im aware it wouldn't have a magwell but I think someone is importing belt fed upper that doesn't need the magwell
    This is the only video I have found that shows why you can't do that.
    They put a lot of effort in to making it as hard as possible to modify and start swapping parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljkn7234R5U

Because sooner or later some one will have a variant of a variant of a restricted.
    Then they will all be the third cousin of a restricted firearm .
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    But the da50 upper does fit on an AR lower. From what I understand It needs a small modification to fit on the NR lower. Could this same modification be made to an other ar upper to fit on the NR lower?
    The normal DA50 fits on a normal AR lower.
    The modified DA50 upper fits on an ATRS lower. This package is a modified DA50 with an ATRS lower.

The ATRS MH (Modern Hunter) was made specifically to NOT be interchangeable with anything AR15, so as not to be considered an AR variant and be non-restricted. Once the DA has been modified for use on an ATRS lower, it's not compatible with a normal AR lower anymore. That's the whole point of the operation.

Now if I understand correctly, you want 1 lower with 2 uppers (say, a 308 and a 50bmg)? If so, you could buy a MH from ATRS and a modified DA50 upper from canam. But I think canam is out of modified DA50, only have normal (AR) ones in stock. And I don't think ATRS sells unfinished firearms (just an upper). It would make for an expensive, but really great package.

However, I'm not sure you would save that much compared to buying both rifles. And given the price (base model is 3650$) and quality of the MH, I'm not sure I'd be willing to shoot 50bmg with it if I had one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, after checking that video, I'm not even sure a MH lower would work with a modified DA50.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    DA50 (nonrestricted) uses the rear takedown pin of an AR, but the front is secured to the lower using a bolt that goes through an area that would have a magwell (if trying to attach to and AR15 lower). impossible to use an AR15 upper on a DA50 lower.

a MH/MV uses a front pin like an AR but the rear has a completely different style of attachment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Is there ever possibility of a short barrel version?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast