Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    He spent 5 hrs drive for a mag, that he was told was in stock. But wasn't.
    How do you make that right?
    A free mag wouldn't even cut it.
    I'd have to agree. With the price of gas nowadays without taking into account his time, this would have red hot as well. This fella seemed pretty subdued to me. To the people mentioning the store being busy , it has nothing to do with telling someone cock n bull stories about phantom stock and then expect them to chase you down for updates. United all the way...Lol.
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

5h drive after confirming that they have it.... i would be not be a happy camper!
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    I contacted Lanz by email looking for a 9 round magazine for my Zastava M57. Dave called me back and said that he had one.

I called him last Saturday, and was specific about what I needed, and was again assured that they had those mags in stock; so I told them that I would drive down and get them. The drive was almost 2 1/2 hours each way for me. I got there, and no mags; and he tried to tell me that the 8 round mags for the TT33 would work (not a chance). He assured myself and my wife that he could get those mags for me from the US and that he would be in touch on Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went but I contacted them Wed. and was told that he has Tuesdays off. I was told in an email that he would be back to me Thursday (today); no response.

Save yourselves the frustration of dealing with someone that not only seems not to care, but who seems to know very little about what they are talking about.

I regret having ever contacted them, and I think that Canadian Gun Nuts could do a whole lot better than Lanz as a sponsor.

Mark R
    You are incorrect about Dave and LANZ........good place to. Purchase if the buyer knows about firearms.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    - I always have good service from Lanz, and especially Dave you need to understand this is a Range shop and it is very busy ! maybe he make a mistake i am sure he will make things right have you contact him ?

- Dave is a Awesome guys end of stories!

^^this
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by NVShooter View Post
    Well there you go. Nice response Sara. Hope this works out to your satisfaction OP. Please report back.

Wouldn't it have been prudent to call the management first before posting your frustration?
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Regular
    Dave @ Lanz is my go to guy... I trust his opinion on every dollar i spend, he's never steered me wrong

i know Dave doesn't work Tuesdays...so i know sure as shyt Dave probably knows that as well so i'm digging my brain for any reasoning as to why he'd say differently

as noted by a poster above a little google shows the 8-round mag supposedly does work, after digging deeper it apparently does not...
    how much should one person be expected to know about one particluar gun out of the thousand of models available? especially when there's conflicting information out there about it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer *MALICE*'s Avatar
    5 hours seems like a long drive to buy a magazine.... shipping it would have been cheaper (although admittedly if it's the wrong one you'd ultimately be unhappy regardless)

*shrugs* Dave's a good guy.

I'm sure Lanz will be able to figure something out to accommodate the OP's pain and suffering.

At the end of the day, sometimes $hit happens.

There are sponsors on this board that I wouldn't do business with if they were the last firearm retailer in Canada, and yet they are seemingly loved and adored by everyone else........I don't really expect CGN to give them the boot because of little old me.

I've dealt with Lanz for 10+ years. Never had a problem.

Next time use Canada post and save some gas and time. If the wrong stuff shows up, mail it back and give them a call....

Seems as soon as someone doesn't get an instant response from a retailer, on come the rant threads..... my oh my

Dave and lanz

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    I contacted Lanz by email looking for a 9 round magazine for my Zastava M57. Dave called me back and said that he had one.

I called him last Saturday, and was specific about what I needed, and was again assured that they had those mags in stock; so I told them that I would drive down and get them. The drive was almost 2 1/2 hours each way for me. I got there, and no mags; and he tried to tell me that the 8 round mags for the TT33 would work (not a chance). He assured myself and my wife that he could get those mags for me from the US and that he would be in touch on Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went but I contacted them Wed. and was told that he has Tuesdays off. I was told in an email that he would be back to me Thursday (today); no response.

Save yourselves the frustration of dealing with someone that not only seems not to care, but who seems to know very little about what they are talking about.

I regret having ever contacted them, and I think that Canadian Gun Nuts could do a whole lot better than Lanz as a sponsor.

Mark R
    I have been in multiple stores and ranges and have finally come to have a membership at silverdale even though i drive for 1.5 hrs each way just to go there ...and I couldn't be happier with the service at lanz store and all employees ,and dave has the most knowledge of everyone there ,i have evenhad guns ceracoated from dave and the work is flawless and he hasn't steered me wrong on what to use or what to buy if i have had questions and he has done the same with everyone else who comes through the store ! I am sure lanz will sort out the miscommunication between you and them but to bash one particular person is a little much or to suggest that they suddent be part of this website is just stupid ! And you should be thanking sara for even saying she will help after what you have been saying about her store and employees!

Maybe next time you will ask for a picture or just have it shipped to you not to mention that there is lots of online stores to buy a mag for your cheap gun if you don't want to make a drive ....but as a gun guy i have never complained about going to a gun store no matter how long it takes to get there !

Good luck and enjoy your shooting

I've had order issues with another company. I sent one email. They immediately sent the missed item in the order. And a gift as an apology. That's the customer service I like. Not a begrudging response after a public exposure of the problem. I appreciate the heads up!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast