Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors905 View Post
    Dave @ Lanz is my go to guy... I trust his opinion on every dollar i spend, he's never steered me wrong

i know Dave doesn't work Tuesdays...so i know sure as shyt Dave probably knows that as well so i'm digging my brain for any reasoning as to why he'd say differently

as noted by a poster above a little google shows the 8-round mag supposedly does work, after digging deeper it apparently does not...
    how much should one person be expected to know about one particluar gun out of the thousand of models available? especially when there's conflicting information out there about it
    That maybe so but the fact of the matter is don't tell a customer you have something when you do not. Major NO NO in retail otherwise you end up with 3 pages of "no he's a good guy....no he suks."
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

I'm sorry to hear that you made that drive for nothing...looking at this situation logically, it is fair to say that Dave did not intentionally get you to drive out to the store for no reason. It sounds like he was under the impression that he had what you needed. Let's face it why would he want to disappoint a customer? People make mistakes, it sounds like an honest one, it is unfortunate that you had to drive so far, but if there is one thing that I know to be true, if you give Dave the chance to make it right he will do everything in his power to take care of you.

With that being said, I had my eyes opened when Sara (LANZ owner) took the time to explain to me some of the challenges retail outlets in Canada are facing, as she told me to ask for any item...I chose a Magpul item, I don't recall which one, but she pulled up the distributor availability, and looking across the board it read mostly "Zero Quantity" and any item that had a 1 part available would be in purple or pink, essentially an item that they had difficulty selling. I have spoke with other retail outlets and they have reiterated the same thing, The Canadian supply market tends to dry up and trying to get your hands on anything even at a store level can be difficult or near impossible.

In closing, I would just like to point out that as consumers, we need to be mindful that there is nothing more that a store owner wants than to sell us as much of the items they can to satisfy our needs. Unfortunately we have become accustomed to getting whatever we want when ever we want and as much of it that we want in so many other industry areas: Toys, food, tools, cars...the list goes on and on, but we forget that the gun Market is unique in itself, even more so the Canadian Gun Market, in my experience it seems like Canadians are an after thought when it comes to US manufacturers. It is unfortunate but we as customers have to exercise patience and try to recognize that they're issues with the supply chains, we don't have to like it but just acknowledge that the retailers want to give us what we need, even if they can't always deliver.

I didn't mean to make this a novel, I just wanted to give some insight on my experience, and with Dave, Sara & LANZ as a whole they are great people that do care, and what to work for your business. Give them a chance to make it right, and as frustrating as it is that Dave wasn't working on the Tuesday as stated, also understand he is a human being, with a family, maybe his daughter was home sick from school, or he had a family emergency, #### does happen.

I urge you and anyone to give them a chance! They have always taken care of me.
    They Price matched items, they have special ordered items for me. Dave even did a complete field strip and identified the problem with my rifle and had back up shooting on the spot.

Hit them up, they fix it, I assure you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I've never dealt with Lanz and barely even heard of them, so I'm no fanboy.

But what we have here is someone made a mistake and mixed up magazines that were in stock with ones that weren't. Nothing more.

The 5 hour drive sucks, but where someone lives really isn't the fault of a store. Would people be upset if the OP lives 15 minutes away? Probably not, people would be saying "chill out, Dave made an error, hopefully he can get you your mags soon"

A magazine could be couriered overnight for much less than 5 hours of gas. It was the OP's choice to drive, all the store is guilty of is making a mistake about what magazine fits what gun.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thanks for the warning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LANZ Shooting Supplies View Post
    Hi Mark,

I am really sorry that you had a bad experience at Lanz Shooting Supplies. My name is Sara I am the owner of the company, I would like to sort this current issue out for you that you had with a Lanz staff member.

I do not have a phone number to contact you personally other then an email. If you could please provide me with your phone number or you can contact me at 289-###-XXXX (personal cell number not wanting it online, Thank you).

Thank you, Sara

I sent this to you via email as well.
    Thanks Sara, I welcome the communication; it is much appreciated; and appreciate you allowing me to call you; communication is everything.

Thank you.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadsideofbarn View Post
    I've had order issues with another company. I sent one email. They immediately sent the missed item in the order. And a gift as an apology. That's the customer service I like. Not a begrudging response after a public exposure of the problem. I appreciate the heads up!
    I had a similar issue with another dealer; they neglected to initiate a transfer on a restricted. I call them, they looked into it, innitiated it right away, and told me that there was a gift enclosed, and I told them that they did not have to do so, but they did it anyway. I thought it might be a sticker, t-shirt, pen... but it was a $50.00 gift certificate for their store. With or without the gift certificate, I had good communication, prompt service, so they are now the first ones I look to before I by elsewhere. (they did not have the magazine, and told me so BTWhttps://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.png).

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    A store makes dozens of decisions & transactions a day. Thousands a year, not counting the incidents that some customers sell themselves as victims to get concessions. If a case of misplaced inventory now makes this store something to be avoided, I would invite you to share your level of perfection. Going a year in business without making a mistake would be equivalent to going a day with perfect grammar and pronunciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    A store makes dozens of decisions & transactions a day. Thousands a year, not counting the incidents that some customers sell themselves as victims to get concessions. If a case of misplaced inventory now makes this store something to be avoided, I would invite you to share your level of perfection. Going a year in business without making a mistake would be equivalent to going a day with perfect grammar and pronunciation.
    For sure your staff isn't near perfect.. the experience that I have. a good store at the end take care about their customers.
    Thomas Jefferson : "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Any businesses that can get it right first time will have a competitive advantage over others. Let's face it there are many stores that sell the same stuffs. They all have similar prices. That's why many businesses compete on customer service and many also stress the importance of get it right the first time. Unless a store has a really good crazy prices and varieties, really at the end of the day they just like any other stores.
    For an example, there is this restaurant that sell really good food with really good portion but not so much in customer service. The place is always packed and I go there all the time. I go there for the food that no other restaurant can match the taste and quantity. In this case I don't care about the lack of customer service.

Any business that expect customers to tolerate staffs errors should also be prepared to offer something else in return such as quick shipping, better prices, higher availability and etc. Otherwise, customers these days will choose businesses with get it right first time mentality unless a business have another competitive advantage they can offer. It is a very competitive market out there these days

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast