Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bad Experience.

The store review system by posting in a forum is inherently flawed because most people who are satisfied by the service there received do not post their experience. The people who post are generally those who were not fully satisfied by their experience.
    For EE it's generally a give and take situation, I leave feedback I get feedback. End of story.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    I contacted Lanz by email looking for a 9 round magazine for my Zastava M57. Dave called me back and said that he had one.

I called him last Saturday, and was specific about what I needed, and was again assured that they had those mags in stock; so I told them that I would drive down and get them. The drive was almost 2 1/2 hours each way for me. I got there, and no mags; and he tried to tell me that the 8 round mags for the TT33 would work (not a chance). He assured myself and my wife that he could get those mags for me from the US and that he would be in touch on Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went but I contacted them Wed. and was told that he has Tuesdays off. I was told in an email that he would be back to me Thursday (today); no response.

Save yourselves the frustration of dealing with someone that not only seems not to care, but who seems to know very little about what they are talking about.

I regret having ever contacted them, and I think that Canadian Gun Nuts could do a whole lot better than Lanz as a sponsor.

Mark R
    Imagine if you have decided to walk to the store???
    How many hours?

I can't help but laugh at some of these idiotic replies but I guess stupidity is strong in some people. That being said, the bottom line is simple, merchant made a mistake and in turn this mistake cost OP time and money. Part of customer service is making things right. "Dave" should have admitted his mistake, taken it like a man, apologized and then asked how the situation could be fixed. Dismissing the man regardless of how long it took him to get there is not the proper way to do business and then failing to call him back is adding insult to injury. Hopefully "Sara" will make things right.
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    make it right? Fix the mistake? I don't know why everyone these days feel they deserve compensation for every minor thing.

All that happened here was that an employee mixed up an item with another. Considering that there are hundreds of different guns with hundreds of different magazines, it's easy to see how something like this could happen.

This thread is a mountain made from a molehill.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Who drives 5 hours just to buy a mag? The OP could've just had it mailed or couriered, but instead chose to take an unnecessary long drive. The OP knows mistakes can happen, and it seems one did in this case. Now he comes here complaining about how horribly wronged he was and some others here jumping in and agreeing without even thinking. While Lanz may have made a mistake, they didn't make the OP take that drive. He compounded the mistake himself with that choice. So all you saying "aw gee, if I drove 5 hours for nothing I'd be pissed", you need to rethink that as you would only have yourself to be 'pissed' at. This is a useless rant thread. The vendor has responded so there really is no further need for this. Time to close it up and move on.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Super Moderator
    "Trade related disputes originating from the Equipment Exchange forums or with CGN business members [i.e. Dealers] shall be confined to the trader rating system and private messaging."

OP's feedback file is blank - nothing left, nothing received.
    OP posted at least four threads on at least two different websites.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456