Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominion primers

I have been having problems with my pistols igniting the Dominion small riffle primers when loading in 9mm. They are military grade hardness. No problem for ARs and my Tavor. My Walther PPQ Navy and Sig P226R have 1 out of every ten that won't light off. With my 226 I can keep pulling the trigger with the double action and they usually fire on the second strike but with the striker fired pistols, I have to strip the rounds.

I planned on using the small riffle primer in the pistol from some forums I was reading. Some of the competition guys said they like to use the small riffle primers in their 9mm because they figured it had a little bigger flash to ignite the powder. Less chance of any leftover unburnt powder.

I have 10,000 Dominio small riffle primers I was planning on using in both 9mm and 223. Looks like I have a lot of riffle shooting to do!
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

I did some research online, the only differences there is the thickness of the cup bottom. The SRP has slightly thicker metal on the bottom, so if the pistol has lighter hammer, it will cause missfires. But, based on the data, only 10% or less possibility for that to happen.

Are u guys expecting more spp to come in soon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12