Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint in 6.5 Grendel MAY 11 UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    And significantly more expensive to make everything absolutely unique, and removes alternative sources for parts, etc. We are using the JP enhanced bolts and I've yet to hear even a rumour of anyone having a failure with one.

Second one from the left:
    My AR-10 build had a JP enhanced nickel boron coated bolt that had the extractor pin hole drilled incorrectly and I had to send it back. It was replaced immediately by JP with a non NiB bolt that performed perfectly. Luckily I had a DPMS bolt in the bin to use while I was waiting.
    I brought this up in one of the discussions where Epoxy was bashing the MH because it has a DPMS BCG to point out that even the highest regarded companies can have the odd sub standard part make it through QC and get into the hands of it's customers.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    I think any cartridge can have problems if a reloader isn't careful. This includes not just staying within published load data but also selecting an appropriate powder for a semi auto action.

Luckily with an 18.6+ inch barrel there would be no trouble using a rifle length gas system to smooth things out.

Are the breakages commonplace or are we looking at a couple instances that the internet has turned into a bigger deal than it needs to be?

On any cartridge conversion that requires a larger diameter boltface I'd like to see it done the way the CMMG built their Mutant in 7.62x39 with an oversized bolt and carrier and matching receiver and barrel extension. This would beef things up significantly and also make them even less similar to an AR. Unfortunately it also means a lot more work and time programming the CNC machine and making more parts in house which would increase the price.
    The super bolts I have posted are matched with a custom barrel extension that also can be used with normal bolts. I have a barrel and bolt being delivered from ARP which I will post on this site to illustrate the extra material. The designed straight wall brass of the Grendel compared to the damaging taper of the 7.62 x39 is a plus when thin wall bolts are used, However there can be failure numbers greater then any 5.56.
    CCFR — CSSA

And significantly more expensive to make everything absolutely unique, and removes alternative sources for parts, etc. We are using the JP enhanced bolts and I've yet to hear even a rumour of anyone having a failure with one.

Second one from the left:
    Big news on the MV standard version this am, any news on how your testing went this weekend or are you guys still debriefing...

More 6.5 Grendel's in a Canada will be a good thing.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Big news on the MV standard version this am, any news on how your testing went this weekend or are you guys still debriefing...
    Got rained out, sadly...

Got rained out, sadly...
    Doh!

Proof Research just posted of FB that they are making a 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel for the AR. does that mean it may be an option now?
    Nova Scotian!

Bump! Any news on the 6.5 Grendel testing? Credit card waiting... If its a go, I'm hoping to use it for deer this fall - or coyotes in the winter at the latest!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Bump! Any news on the 6.5 Grendel testing? Credit card waiting... If its a go, I'm hoping to use it for deer this fall - or coyotes in the winter at the latest!
    Further testing this weekend delivered great results both in reliability and accuracy, so 6.5 Grendel IS now an option.
    We should have pricing worked out later this week.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR1160 View Post
    Proof Research just posted of FB that they are making a 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel for the AR. does that mean it may be an option now?
    We are in discussions with Proof regarding this. I don't foresee a problem given our relationship with them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there