Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint in 6.5 Grendel MAY 11 UPDATE

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Now this is just a thought so don't jump all over me but have you guys considered a 22 nosler modern varmint? Haven't seen much up here yet for the fancy new calibre. From what I read it was somewhere in between 223 and 22-250, but uses standard ar parts except the barrel.
    We would like to see better support, and a bit of an established history for the cartridge prior to considering it.

Now this is just a thought so don't jump all over me but have you guys considered a 22 nosler modern varmint? Haven't seen much up here yet for the fancy new calibre. From what I read it was somewhere in between 223 and 22-250, but uses standard ar parts except the barrel.
    If they aren't doing 762x39, I sincerely doubt they'll do one in a brand new cartridge that no one has yet.

Magazines are 6.8 SPC and the cartridge is illegal in parts of Ontario. Great round for sure tho.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Marilius View Post
    If they aren't doing 762x39, I sincerely doubt they'll do one in a brand new cartridge that no one has yet.
    It's kind of risky, but could be an incredible varmint round for this platform, seems like a lot of people buy them with that POU in mind. It's kind of a trade off though, either you wait until it becomes prolific and have just another offering or be the only shop around making a platform for the hot new cartridge, similar to 6.5 Grendel, selling that chambering gives them pretty much the whole market for that cartridge in a semi auto non restricted. If they did the same with 22 nosler they would literally be the only company offering that option up here. But if it flys by night and never becomes prolific it's could be a loss. Just a thought I had (I have lots, some are great!, some not so much lol), I understand their hesitance to adopt a widely unproven and unavailable new chambering and respect their decision to hold off. Just seems like it could have a lot of potential... someday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Who stocks 6.5?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Magazines are 6.8 SPC and the cartridge is illegal in parts of Ontario. Great round for sure tho.
    What's illegal about it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    What is the wait time on the 6.5 uppers and anyone know where you can get factory ammo in that caliber. I am tempted to order but worried ammo is going to be a problem.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    What is the wait time on the 6.5 uppers and anyone know where you can get factory ammo in that caliber. I am tempted to order but worried ammo is going to be a problem.
    To build just an upper I would think 3 to 4 months.
    We stock several different types of ammo for the 6.5 Grendel.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    How can the cartridge be illegal? Or do you just mean for the purpose of hunting it is illegal? Kinda like how we can't hunt big game in Alberta with a .22cal even if it's a 22-250, the cartridge isn't illegal but hunting big game with it is prohibited.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Ok ordered an upper. Hoping this is what causes me to sell most of my other guns. As it will cover target and hunting now