Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint in 6.5 Grendel MAY 11 UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    What's involved to change from .223 to 6.5 grendal
    Barrel and bolt.

.....and also mags which was pointed out by yohann160.
    Last edited by Sqr; 04-26-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Barrel and bolt.

.....and also mags which was pointed out by yohann160.
    thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I can't wait forever to get a 6.5 Grendel so it time to get my MV sent as deer season opens Jun 1
    If you need sumone to filed test 6.5 Grendel properly you got my info Haahaa

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I can't wait forever to get a 6.5 Grendel so it time to get my MV sent as deer season opens Jun 1
    If you need sumone to filed test 6.5 Grendel properly you got my info Haahaa

How long is the season open for over there? Send me an email at info@albertatacticalrifle.com and we can talk. Little pygmy deer might be fun.

Looks like I should be concluding testing on Sunday, if everything goes as planned. Hopefully we'll have some good news on Monday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    How long is the season open for over there? Send me an email at info@albertatacticalrifle.com and we can talk. Little pygmy deer might be fun.

Looks like I should be concluding testing on Sunday, if everything goes as planned. Hopefully we'll have some good news on Monday.
    Do you have a price estimate on a upper only? Since this might be a complementary upper to some it would be nice to have it as an option to have it with simply a fortis barrel nut and let us use that switch fonction on our rail?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post

Jun 1 2017 to February 30 2018 I think it's a out 8 months
    I can work on a guess hunt if you wanted to run the MV and MH test properly hunting and not shooting paper
    I would hunt everything with 6.5 Grendel except Buffalo
    The only thing I did not like about the MH is the weight for my style of hunting but the MV is quit abit lighter and will work out just right for a guy that like to hunt on foot
    Last edited by carverk; 04-29-2017 at 12:48 AM.

CGN Regular
    I know it's not the buzz, but 277 wolverine just became public domain.
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

~Oscar Wilde~

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    They have a different bolt face depth which essentially changes the headspacing of the case in the chamber. They have a .135/136" recess to the face. They will not work with the 7.62x39 barrels that require the standard .125" recess. Also there are other complication between type I and type II bolts. If a builder is not careful it can become dangerous.

They are not interchangeable.
    Interesting. I learn something new every day.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Do you have a price estimate on a upper only? Since this might be a complementary upper to some it would be nice to have it as an option to have it with simply a fortis barrel nut and let us use that switch fonction on our rail?
    Nothing finalized, but a basic second upper (no bcg) for a modern hunter is 2k. The varmint in 6.5 Grendel however requires an extra bolt face, we're using the jp enhanced ones so the price may be slightly higher, but around that same area I would expect.

We can't seem to obtain just the Fortis barrel nuts... If someone has a secret stash let me know, but it's not the first time I've been asked either :-/ seemed strange to me that for a "switch" handguard they wouldn't sell us the hand guards or barrel nuts separately.