Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 April Update

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Mr. Wolverine, I admire your dedication and willingness to fight the good fight on behalf of firearm owners... Thus, without further ado, I am whipping out my MC to order a deluxe wood furniture set. It will be much nicer than the original barf wood, plus my newly improved CZ 858 will become a great conversation piece at the range... Have a good day sir and and behalf of gun owners, thank you!
    Thank you for your post and the many others like it we have received, I must admit there are days when I need a little encouragement.

Deactivated CZ 858 Tactical 2 P

We will deactivate these guns to order only and they are sold "AS IS" with no returns. Price is $850.00 plus shipping and tax.

The deactivation process consist of the following. Barrel will be pinned and welded into the receiver. Trigger mechanism will be welded, bolt face cut at 45 degrees and top cover welded in place. One pinned 5/30 magazine will be included.

These rifles will include the deluxe furniture kit and the engraved bolt carrier.

We are getting these listed on our web site or you can order by contacting sales@wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by infmaj View Post
    I would love to see some friendly PAL Instructors buy some of these for Instructional purposes. Seems like a poetic way to introduce new firearms enthusiasts to the lunacy of Canadian law, and to show off some beautiful hardware at the same time.
    A few problems, deactivating legally makes the firearm useless for instruction as it cannot be loaded/unladed etc. Instructors don't get rich doing this, so $858+tax+shipping would be way to much, the sad thing we are supposed to buy good working guns, take out firing pin, plus they recommend further destruction, and then used to be destroyed by 100's of students.

RCMP Instructions:
    Minimum standard: Firing pin removed.

Recommended standard: Firing pin removed and firing pin hole drilled out with 1/4" bit. Barrel is to have a slot milled through it, approx. 1.5" to 3" and the slot to enter the receiver so that receiver is ruined.
    Different for each type of gun, but this gives the idea, this is for Lever Action. You bring a firearm into the class that is not like this you immediately lose you certification.
    “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party.” – Mao Zedong

CGN Regular
    Got my package today, was a little disappointed that the buttstock is damaged right on the spartan

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Send kodiak a email,they "may" have receivers in July,but I'm pretty sure they are threaded receivers. So they 858 barrels won't work unless modified.....green mountain ak barrels can be made to work though.
    So barreled receiver will work with the rest of the parts kit then?

Quote Originally Posted by 4quickdub View Post
    Got my package today, was a little disappointed that the buttstock is damaged right on the spartan

Sorry to see that, I think I packed those first kits myself. If that will not "clean out" with a little stock oil drop me a line and I will replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    So barreled receiver will work with the rest of the parts kit then?

Hard to say,if the barrels are the same diameter around the gas block,front sight...it "should".

But there no way to tell right now until they have them made really.

I'm assuming it's a green mountain AK builders barrel they are using and threading into the receivers,as opposed to press fit.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Hard to say,if the barrels are the same diameter around the gas block,front sight...it "should".

But there no way to tell right now until they have them made really.

I'm assuming it's a green mountain AK builders barrel they are using and threading into the receivers,as opposed to press fit.
    Hmmm...I wonder if they couldn't just make a couple receivers that are identical to the 858...or maybe north sylva could dig up some CSA receivers.

So when you put these stocks on the 858's that were prohibited but brought back from the dead. Are they now prohibited again or do you have to carry a bill of sale around so you can prove they're not from the last batch?

Since with exception of serial numbers how would you know they are completely Identical. Do you Go through confiscation and then fight to get them back? I have insurance but it's seems like a big hassle.

Instead of caving to the commie dictators it would have been nice to crowd fund a lawyer before chopping the receivers. I would contributed

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    So when you put these stocks on the 858's that were prohibited but brought back from the dead. Are they now prohibited again or do you have to carry a bill of sale around so you can prove they're not from the last batch?

Since with exception of serial numbers how would you know they are completely Identical. Do you Go through confiscation and then fight to get them back? I have insurance but it's seems like a big hassle.

Instead of caving to the commie dictators it would have been nice to crowd fund a lawyer before chopping the receivers. I would contributed
    Remember we just imported and sold several hundred US M14 Parts kits that included stocks and bolt carriers. No question that these US M14 rifles were prohibited. No problem with rebuilding those parts into new rifles, and the RCMP SFSS dictated how the import certificate was worded.

I will ignore your remark about caving in to commie dictators!