Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 April Update

CGN Regular
    Yes they stated these are the recently prohibited tactical 2p's with the etched bolt carrier...though I don't think they're destroyed quite yet...

That's my understanding...

From what I gather, the appeal process was a no go, but they're still trying and this is a way to recoup some of their losses as a last resort if the rcmp won't budge...
    Last edited by cranswick; 04-28-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. Of the original load of rifles that were advertised as 'limited edition spartan' or whatever, and then deemed prohib as new models, it is these rifles that have now been stripped down and the parts are being sold off as kits, correct? But it's also these rifles that have now had the recievers destroyed? All of them? There is no further action being taken to have any of them re-classified back to NR? Sorry if this has been covered, I'm just looking for clarification.

I read that there is a back order for more rifles, but at this time there are no more complete, working, NR rifles to be had

If that is indeed the case, that is a shame. The gov't pulling this kinda crap, while at the same time, telling our kids that it's now ok to go buy a big bag of marijuana and get high. Heaven forbid we destroy paper targets with these rifles, but destoying brain cells is just fine... (sorry about the rant as well)
    Basically the answer to your question is yes. It is our last shipment of 245 rifles that are proving to be controversial. I am stripping the great furniture of these rifles and selling as a "deluxe furniture kit" I will also destroy a receiver and sell a parts kit but I am only doing this to order, hence the delayed shipping. I have requested that if we remove the "special engraving" and furniture will these rifles be classified as standard CZ 858 Tactical 2P rifles, I asked this question on the 24 Feb but I am still waiting for clarification. I am also looking at sourcing new manufactured receivers and rebuilding them but this may not be cost effective. In the meantime I have bills to pay so we decided to sell some out. I do not believe the FRT is law but I can not afford to run the risk of defying the RCMP SFSS and risk criminal charges that could possible shut down Wolverine Supplies, I have much better things to do with my time.

This is a fight that I believe our shooting organisations should unite on, and take to court, but that is only my humble opinion.

I think we need to impress on the Liberals that whilst they may take our guns, we have the power to take their jobs! Then the next Government should pay attention to us. It will be ironical that if the RCMP SFSS have their way, it may cost their masters their jobs, way to go fellows!

CGN Regular
    John I just bought a parts kits and the furniture set to help you out and support your family, your business, and the good fight...I don't even own an 858, so if you find a legal stripped receiver, let me know...

CGN Regular
    I am wondering if Kodiak Defense/Westrifle can hook you up with some receivers Johnny. I will be installing these on a beat up cz858 t2p that you imported years back. Eventually I plan to swap the barrel over as well.

CGN Regular
    I wanna buy a furniture set but need a pistol bolt nut! Could you sell one of these?
    God is good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    John I just bought a parts kits and the furniture set to help you out and support your family, your business, and the good fight...I don't even own an 858, so if you find a legal stripped receiver, let me know...
    I bought a wood set too. No gun to put it on either. Prohibited wood. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarr View Post
    I wanna buy a furniture set but need a pistol bolt nut! Could you sell one of these?
    Sure I can find you a nut, we just don't have lots of spare parts any more. Just add a note in the special instructions if you order on line, reference this exchange with Myself on CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    My deluxe wood kit arrived today. I must say it is much prettier than expected! I guess I'll have to find a gun to put it on now. I bet these guns were beautiful...

Anyone have pics of how the receivers are cut yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    My deluxe wood kit arrived today. I must say it is much prettier than expected! I guess I'll have to find a gun to put it on now. I bet these guns were beautiful...
    Yes, they really were the best finished we had ever seen!