Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 April Update

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Good luck with that nobody has lowers that would require a FRT. Buy it and you have a pile of parts that's all. I called Dlask also so don't waste your time. You'll need to find a old one somebody wrecked.
    I think he means he's using the parts to put the Spartan edition stuff on a gun he already has...also, I'm pretty sure the wr762 has an frt entry, and is approved...I don't know what dlask has to do with Kodiak defense receivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The receivers have been destroyed by cutting them into three pieces. Customers only get the front piece with the gas block and barrel and then the rear piece with the butt stock fitting and trigger guard. We keep the center section that has the serial number and the trigger axis hole. This ensures no matter how many you purchase you will never have enough to piece together a complete rifle. If you want a unique display rifle then we could deactivate one for you, that would be $850 and include one magazine.
    $850 total ? Is there an option for this on the site ? Also , what's the process for deactivating?
    Last edited by kyle11; 05-03-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    If you want a unique display rifle then we could deactivate one for you, that would be $850 and include one magazine.
    I would love to see some friendly PAL Instructors buy some of these for Instructional purposes. Seems like a poetic way to introduce new firearms enthusiasts to the lunacy of Canadian law, and to show off some beautiful hardware at the same time.

I have no idea what your talking about kodiak defense receivers are for SKS so what has that to do with 858's or am I missing something here

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    I think he means he's using the parts to put the Spartan edition stuff on a gun he already has...also, I'm pretty sure the wr762 has an frt entry, and is approved...I don't know what dlask has to do with Kodiak defense receivers...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I have no idea what your talking about kodiak defense receivers are for SKS so what has that to do with 858's or am I missing something here
    the wr762 is not an SKS, and as far as I know, Kodiak defence is making them...

The WR762 is a vz58.

Send kodiak a email,they "may" have receivers in July,but I'm pretty sure they are threaded receivers. So they 858 barrels won't work unless modified.....green mountain ak barrels can be made to work though.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle11 View Post
    $850 total ? Is there an option for this on the site ? Also , what's the process for deactivating?
    Often times the bolt is welded in place in the receiver +/- barrel plug. I have to admit, I was pretty tempted by these rifles. Don't have any com bloc though, so it means a new type of ammo to buy, and at this point I'd have to buy a used 858 or a parts kit and a receiver from Dlask and then have the potential headaches if someone thinks I've got a prohibited firearm... Think I'll show my support by buying some other things from Wolverine instead. Wonder if I can convince my wife that we should add Wolverine days to our annual vacation?

Mr. Wolverine, I admire your dedication and willingness to fight the good fight on behalf of firearm owners... Thus, without further ado, I am whipping out my MC to order a deluxe wood furniture set. It will be much nicer than the original barf wood, plus my newly improved CZ 858 will become a great conversation piece at the range... Have a good day sir and and behalf of gun owners, thank you!