Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 April Update

CZ 858 April Update

On 24th Feb 2017 I sent the following e-mail to RCMP SFSS:

As you conclude that this rifle is a limited edition model due to unique markings on the bolt carrier and special furniture I presume that if we went to the expense of obliterating the markings on the bolt carrier and replaced all the furniture with plain unmarked furniture this rifle would revert back to a standard CZ 858 Tactical 2P and be classified as such. Please confirm at your earliest convenience.

I have followed up several times, the last reply dated 11th April said:

RCMP legal services is reviewing the issue. As I am sure you understand, we need to carefully consider next steps so as to not create problems. Sound legal advice is essential to that end.

I anticipate that we will never be selling this rifle as she was portrayed in the media. We are now proceeding with the following action until we hear back from the RCMP:

For sale:

Deluxe wood CZ 858 furniture sets consisting of buttstock, pistol grip, forearm (upper and lower), the only hardware included is the metal fitting on the top hand guard. These wood sets are brand new but taken off new rifles so may show very minor marks from previous assembly. The wood has a very pleasing satin oiled finish. The forearm and pistol grip are checkered and have a maple leaf on them. The butt stock has a Greek helmet and Molan Labe in Greek on them. Please allow a week for shipping as each set will be removed to order.
    Price is $250.00 Quantities are limited.

CZ 858 Tactical 2P new parts kit these have an engraved bolt carrier with a Greek helmet and Molan Labe, new non chromed 18.6 inch barrel and destroyed receiver, all other internal parts are included
    With no furniture $500.00
    Complete with the deluxe wood listed above price will be $750.00.

Please allow 2 weeks for shipping as each kit will be completed to order, all prices are plus shipping and tax.

I am sure the question will be raised that if I put these parts on to my CZ858 will it make it prohibited. Let me point out that we have recently imported and sold several hundred US M14 rifle parts kits that included stock and bolts, these parts have been assembled on to new receivers with no questions or problems been raised.

All prices are plus shipping and tax.

These items will be available to purchase on our web page shortly.

To those customers who paid in full for one of these rifles, as I have previously stated they can have a full cash refund at any time, we will also ensure that rifle tagged for them our not sold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    This is literally one of the stupidest things ever. Good on you for fighting the good fight. Once I get my funds up, I'll definitely be picking up the bolt carrier and furniture and slapping 'em on my CZ 858 to stick it to the man in a sort of silent protest.

Now that is a shame. Not the outcome I was hoping for. Thank you for doing what you do.

There really are no words to describe how dumb this whole thing is. They are just tying to stick it to you for this whole CZ-858 debacle.

Oh baby, I didn't want a "whole" rifle. But I sure as hell want a parts kits.
    I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I got excited until I read destroyed receiver.

I guess you couldn't sell the complete intact parts kit without the bolt carrier.

Or scrub the markings, magically reverting them to Bog Standard CZ858 Tactical 2P....

What a load of twaddle.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

To clarify, these parts kits are being made available from unsold stock (or where the original purchasers have backed out), and those of us with rifle pre-orders still in can back out and opt for a refund and/or purchase a parts kit, OR we can still continue to hold out against all odds that the rifle will still somehow be made available?

I'd prefer to hold out, but please advise if that is being overly stubborn/optimistic. I really wanted a second 858, so the destroyed receiver is a let down for me, though I can certainly understand your position.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
    To clarify, these parts kits are being made available from unsold stock (or where the original purchasers have backed out), and those of us with rifle pre-orders still in can back out and opt for a refund and/or purchase a parts kit, OR we can still continue to hold out against all odds that the rifle will still somehow be made available?

I'd prefer to hold out, but please advise if that is being overly stubborn/optimistic. I really wanted a second 858, so the destroyed receiver is a let down for me, though I can certainly understand your position.
    To those of you who have paid in full, I have a rifle "tagged" for you, the FRT is not law but if I was to sell these guns as they are I could possible face charges of selling prohibited firearms and my business closed until the court had made their final ruling. This would either cause the collapse of the FRT system or bankrupt Wolverine Supplies so I have decided this is our best option.

If the RCMP decide that if the "offending parts" are removed the rifles will revert to non -restricted we will sell you your rifle at the original price but with some free "spare parts". The balance of the shipment would be sold at a higher price to reflect our increased expenses. As for been stubborn/optimistic I understood that was a prerequisite for been a gun owner in Canada

First off very sorry for the outcome of this, as a gun owner I appreciate all the effort you put in this fight,

as a customer any idea on when they are going to be on the site ?

Thank you

Mr. Wolverine,

Just to clarify a few things, you mentioned "destroyed receivers", but also mentioned waiting to see if the rifles will revert to NR with the "offending parts" removed. What receivers have been destroyed?

Also, if I buy the parts kits with the marked bolt and furniture and put them on an NR CZ that I already own, will it be considered prohibited? I only ask because, why buy parts if it would illegal to use them?

Thanks
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast