Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fat Kid Has his finger on the Trigger!!!!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Survival rations not a replacement for your everyday routine doing the the same things you do in a normal life. The body can survive on even less then 1000 per day if a person is not active.

CGN Regular
    I never said you would die, but you wont be healthy.

The lack of vitamins and micronutrients will see to that.

You can put away, in proper long term storage, a year (730,000 calories) of real healthy food for about half the price if you do a little research.

tough crowd. Documented cases of people going 1-3 years on absolutely minimal calories (macro's, not fruits and leafy greens) during wartime i.e. survivors at Auschwitz. Total emaciation, jaundice, hepatic encephalopathy. Then they live in to their 80's. Give Frontier a break they are selling a product that is to be used in emergency situations. It ain't Ritz Carlton.
    Parcels are sent via Canada Post and include $100 insurance and signature required. Extra insurance is available at extra cost to you per Canada Post $2.20 per $100 optional.

I never said you would die, but you wont be healthy.
    The lack of vitamins and micronutrients will see to that.
    You can put away, in proper long term storage, a year (730,000 calories) of real healthy food for about half the price if you do a little research.
    You can grow a garden and never have to buy any food for next to nothing, you can wear a half inch of wool clothing and lower your heating bill by 40%, you can reload and save 40% on ammo, better yet you can save 100% on ammo by never going shooting!!!

Freeze dried food in convenient packages is going to cost you more then alternatives.

Can your alternatives last 25 years?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Just eat twice as much and the calories are there. This is good to add to other canned or stocked supplies.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

If I had extra money kickin around I would buy this. I think it's a great idea and better than nothing. All the haters will see who's laughing when old skinny bones keeps rocking when ish hits the fan!

Give Frontier a break they are selling a product that is to be used in emergency situations. It ain't Ritz Carlton.
    People will share their view even when they have no interest in a product.

In every store that caters to a hobby or sport, there is always the one person who is leans against the counter all day long critiquing everything imaginable, tell everyone what they should do and contributes nothing. CGN Dealer threads are no different.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 04-26-2017 at 11:43 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    People will share their view even when they have no interest in a product.

In every store that caters to a hobby or sport, there is always the one person who is leans against the counter all day long critiquing everything imaginable, tell everyone what they should do and contributes nothing. CGN Dealer threads are no different.
    I think everyone needs a supplement for food and this is a great option added on with other food supplies. I wouldn't rely solely on freeze dried food, but would add it in with other preserves. Adding in some canned tuna or chicken would make a big difference in calorie intake. If you rotate your food, canned stuff should last many years after a SHTF situation and if you don't have a alternate plan after that, well you're F'ed anyways.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 04-26-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    x4 if your lifting weights during a nuclear fall out lol prob no protein tho I need over 200 grams a day this stuff wouldn't cut it

For all CGN preppers who hasn't read the story of Selco from Bosnia, I suggest you google it and read it. Now, according to Selco's story, living in a one year SHTF situation, were he and his family lived on squirrels, rats, pigeons and canned food at 40$ a piece, these MREs would have been totally precious. I have sealed about 3 months of dry food in mylars, but I will purchase these MREs to complete my stocks. My kids will probably have the privilege to eat that stuff before me.Hopefully I will never have to use it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast