Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223

Thread: Modern Varmint What IF?

This is what you should have done from the beginning. Build one gun to one set of specs with reasonable accuracy (2 MOA) and sell it at the best possible price. Produce as many as financially possible to achieve the most from economy of scale.

Any customizations should be left to the customer after the fact. Additional profit could have been realized through this 'aftermarket'.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiddy View Post
    I would certainly buy a Lower / upper combo and assemble one myself from parts, acquired by me, keep this under $800 and ill buy a set today.
    Once again, they will not be selling parts kits or rifles without furniture. Under $800??? They are selling complete, function tested rifles with furniture. How do you go from a $3350 price on the current custom model to a standardized version with basic furniture and a less expensive bolt carrier and barrel being considered to them selling parts kits for $800?

These are NOT AR's. You can't just drop in an AR trigger group and a milspec barrel and call it good. ATRS would end up being asked for tech support for rifles they didn't build and parts they didn't sell. They might as well just cut their throats.

BANNED
    I'd take one at 2.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiddy View Post
    I would certainly buy a Lower / upper combo and assemble one myself from parts, acquired by me, keep this under $800 and ill buy a set today.
    Maybe start paying attention to how these are built. The trigger can only be a Timney, the barrel is not standard AR and the carrier must be modified to make it compatible with the side charging system. So what else besides a pistol grip and a forend are you going to piece together?
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I am just waiting fore the 6.5 Grendel upper don't think I would want any corners cut on my upper
    I'm glad I went with the Basic with out cutting any corners yes the furniture can be upgraded later if I choose but for now I am hunt ready with MV and wen I get my hands on the 6.5 uppers it will be ready for big game what more can I ask fore
    Last edited by carverk; 04-30-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    We want to thank everyone for their input.
    We have decided to look further into exact pricing and hope to have a new order page up on our website next week.
    What the plan is , is to offer a base model rifle with a milspec 223/556, 20" barrel, barrel contour is yet undecided and remove the JP buffer system and replace it with the standard buffer & spring to reduce the cost of the rifle. The only options that are to be offered are either A2 fixed butt or commercial 6 position collapsible butt.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there