Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint What IF?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    What documents? What did i miss?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We have had a ton of inquiries on our Modern Varmint rifles from folks who would truly like one of these rifles but either are not in a financial situation to afford 1 due to the components used or just want a plain plinker where 1 to 2 MOA accuracy is good enough.

Unfortunately the minuscule market that Canada has and no opportunity to tap into foreign markets precludes any sort of mass production to bring costs down. BUT the quality of the barrel and a few other components could be changed to lower the cost.

What IF? We were to offer a run of Modern Varmints that don't have some of the Gucci parts? If, rather than an expensive matchgrade stainless barrel we were to install mass produced Mil spec type barrels. Delete the JP Silent Captured Buffer System and the higher priced furniture options?
    The downside of dropping the JP buffer is that a conventional buffer and spring would not be retained. Unlike the AR however this is not a real big deal as our rifle comes apart quite differently.

The Timney trigger would still be employed, to alter that feature "could" require another FRT inspection, which frankly given the documents released this week regarding the AR15, we just don't want to go there.

What we are pondering is to offer a basic rifle that has either an A2 stock or a basic collapsible stock, very basic free float tube type hand guard, mil spec type barrel 20" long and standard AR style buffer and spring. This would save several hundred dollars and could get these rifles in the same price range or less than an XCR or Tavor but with a better trigger and way more aftermarket adaptability.

Thoughts????
    NVM found it.
    Last edited by Patt08; 04-27-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: found in thread
    |CCFR|

Also, I think this is a great idea ATRS!
    |CCFR|

intriguing
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

Yes please!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Would it be possible, as to not depreciate your current offering to keep the Modern varmint appelation but add "sport" or something?

I would buy a upper only in the $600-800 mark
    Would be nice to put some cheap ammo through it and get some trigger time.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I worry this might cross a line into restricted territory in the minds of influential, but misguided people.

There are economical barrels that shoot very well. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Yes, absolutely! You can always add the bells and whistles later over time.

Absolutely interested
    "Don't you dare go running down my little town where I grew up, and I won't cuss your city lights."

Had lots of friends drool over mine, but having a young family cannot spend 4k+! IMHO that 24-2800 range would sell well i think!
    |CCFR|