Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint What IF?

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    If you need to or would finance a rifle I'd say you shouldn't be buying one of these. Financing toys is never a good idea and although society has brainwashed most of us into thinking debt is just fine it's a very poor practice if you ever want to get ahead in life. It would be like financing a Ferrari, sure we all want one but no one needs one. There are much cheaper options out there that will do the same job.
    Thanks Mom, and yes I did pay cash for my Ferrari.

RF
    Last edited by Red Flyer; 04-30-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    a layaway pan would help the working guy get into a MV/MH

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flyer View Post
    Thanks Mom, and yes I did pay cash for my Ferrari.

RF
    You're the one that brought up payments for a toy.
    People that can actually afford a Ferrari would pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    a layaway pan would help the working guy get into a MV/MH
    Luckily people have 4-6 months to pay it off while their rifle is being built.
    Half down and the balance prior to pickup/delivery sounds like a layaway plan to me.

Whatever happened to saving up for a big ticket item and having that feeling of accomplishment when you've worked hard to earn the money for the thing you want. Society is all about instant gratification these days, just finance whatever you want and worry about it later. No wonder most people can't retire before 60 these days, spend 50% more for everything once you factor in the interest payments.
    Last edited by cr5; 04-30-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    You're the one that brought up payments for a toy.
    People that can actually afford a Ferrari would pay cash.

Luckily people have 4-6 months to pay it off while their rifle is being built.
    Half down and the balance prior to pickup/delivery sounds like a layaway plan to me.

Whatever happened to saving up for a big ticket item and having that feeling of accomplishment when you've worked hard to earn the money for the thing you want. Society is all about instant gratification these days, just finance whatever you want and worry about it later. No wonder most people can't retire before 60 these days, spend 50% more for everything once you factor in the interest payments.
    Your mixing up financing with a layaway plan
    Layaway plan is working towards a purchase and not Credit and a good option fore sum guys rather then buying a lower Quality rifle
    I keep my expenses low so I can afford a MV and plan a couple of big hunts this year
    I own my house so no mortgage never went to a bank my truck is old but it's my truck and not the bank same with the 30 foot boat I have at the dock all payed fore by hard work non of it happened over night

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    I've been saying this for a while Sir. I respect what you guys did with the MV and MH rifles and I fully understand the market constraints you guys face as a company fielding a new rifle in this sad country.
    I think you would find yourself selling more of these "lower grade" rifles than any of the standard varminters.
    I cannot justify the cost for a MV regardless of the high quality, precision and taking into account the Canadian market and risks you took etc
    I can easily afford it. I just can't justify it if that makes sense. Not for a hobby. My true financial priorities are investing my saved dollars for my family and my kids futures bar none.

I imagine there are many others in near the same boat who would give anything to own one but simply cannot afford it or (like me) cannot justify the cost for a hobby placing it just out of reach.
    Not everyone who enjoys firearms is a lawyer, oil worker, spoiled rich inheritance case etc Actually I would bet the opposite is true in Canada. Us blue collar middle class types make up the majority of gun owners in Canada.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 04-30-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

I would be interested.

CGN frequent flyer
    To be honest if you really want to capture the market you need to make it a lot cheaper.

You guy are Lamborghini but you want to sell like Toyotas

Remember Porsche Boxter?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    To be honest if you really want to capture the market you need to make it a lot cheaper.

You guy are Lamborghini but you want to sell like Toyotas

Remember Porsche Boxter?

OR if you really want to sell alot more, Open a new Subsidiary, totally different brand. Then Stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    Your mixing up financing with a layaway plan
    Layaway plan is working towards a purchase and not Credit and a good option fore sum guys rather then buying a lower Quality rifle
    I keep my expenses low so I can afford a MV and plan a couple of big hunts this year
    I own my house so no mortgage never went to a bank my truck is old but it's my truck and not the bank same with the 30 foot boat I have at the dock all payed fore by hard work non of it happened over night
    You sound like you are very financially responsible to be in that situation, much like me I don't waste money on a new truck just because i can afford the payments. What you described could be a savings account where someone saves up for what they want rather than relying on the retailer to help a person afford their product.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

I would certainly buy a Lower / upper combo and assemble one myself from parts, acquired by me, keep this under $800 and ill buy a set today.
    Damn they are idiot's and idiot's believe these idiot's.

NFA member