Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

I better trot off and go tell the guy iv'e known for 35 years, who incidentally plead guilty to manslaughter, that his RPAL is invalid then.

It's going to be disappointing to some of the local detachment members that he shoots with at the fish and game club.

Believe it or not, some citizens make mistakes along the way.

It's how they deal with those mistakes that defines them. Sound familiar?

It's dealt with on a case by case basis.

CGN Regular
    Hahaha! Is it wrong, that I'm entertained by this thread?

Entertainment is where you find it.

People who have a criminal record or previous mental illness are still eligible to be issued firearms licenses if they have proven since that they are now coping and responsible.

Update:

Now I can officially start writing my time frame break down,

May 27 - completed non-restricted safety course

May 29 - had photo taken at Walmart

May 30-31 - had references and photo guarantor sign application and photo

June 1 - Mailed in application regular mail with no tracking

June 6 - Application received (as per online)

July 13 - Cheque cleared and application shows up online (initial processing is complete)

So now I think I'm going to call in and see if they need my references to call or not (non-restricted license only). I had a check mark on the recently separated section and have an attached letter stating my situation. Also my ex didn't agree to sign the application (oh well). So I have a feeling they will want references.

Now I'm getting pretty excited/nervous (I really hope I don't get denied)

For anyone who is interested,

I have a small update:

I just found out a couple days ago, that the Alberta CFO has contacted my ex regarding my non-restricted PAL application.
    She pretty much told them exactly what I expected, gave them every reason she could think of as to why I shouldn't have a firearms license. She made up a bunch of false claims, and even lied and said that I have never been interested in shooting until recently (I've owned air rifles, paintball markers and airsoft guns for over 10 years now). She wouldn't get into detail about how the entire interview went.

Again this is exactly what I expected, so I'm not shocked by any means, and honestly, I'm just happy that my application is showing progress!!

The "recently separated" check mark has delayed the process significantly so far (compared to other Alberta application time frames I've seen posted)

Here is my time frame:

May 27 - completed non-restricted safety course

May 29 - had photo taken at Walmart

May 30-31 - had references and photo guarantor sign application and photo

June 1 - Mailed in application regular mail with no tracking

June 6 - Application received (as per online)

July 13 - Cheque cleared and application shows up online (initial processing is complete)

Aug 4 - AB CFO contacts ex for interview

Aug 22 - Online status still says "initial processing has been completed. Please check again at a later date"

I have called in a few times and asked for updates, the very nice lady always tells me to call back in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the update hopefully they see through the lies and you will get your pal. Keep us updated and good luck.

Good luck, sucks that your ex is so bitter

Big update for anyone who cares

After countless times calling, I finally was able to speak to the actual CFO in Alberta. Not just the "cfo representative" for Alberta.

Logged in today and boom "license issued"!!!

From start to finish it took me 428 days.

When I called I was always polite. I was starting to lose hope.

Today is a good day!!

Thanks guys!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    Big update for anyone who cares

After countless times calling, I finally was able to speak to the actual CFO in Alberta. Not just the "cfo representative" for Alberta.

Logged in today and boom "license issued"!!!

From start to finish it took me 428 days.

When I called I was always polite. I was starting to lose hope.

Today is a good day!!

Thanks guys!!
    Holy crap. That's a little longer than usual, lol. I had gone through a recent long term relationship break up shortly before I applied, and indicated as such on my RPAL application (Already had PAL). My ex was fairly cooperative though, and signed the application. They Didn't call her, and only called one of my references. Took about 3 months if I remember correctly? Not great, but not terrible either after talking to a few other people that had applied around the same time.

Congrats on getting your license, despite a spiteful malicious ex.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Holy crap. That's a little longer than usual, lol. I had gone through a recent long term relationship break up shortly before I applied, and indicated as such on my RPAL application (Already had PAL). My ex was fairly cooperative though, and signed the application. They Didn't call her, and only called one of my references. Took about 3 months if I remember correctly? Not great, but not terrible either after talking to a few other people that had applied around the same time.

Congrats on getting your license, despite a spiteful malicious ex.

Thank you so much. This is such a weigh off my shoulders. Time to actually decide on what to buy now.