Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

Wasn't it trudeau sr who said "there's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation."
    Unless you're a gun owner of course.
    Then you're obliged to tell the government who you are porking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    Yes, we've established a few pages back that I was misinformed.
    If you edit your original post there will be no more reason to correct you and no chance of newbies being misinformed/confused.

Good post, this is my exact dilemma for not applying for my pal... what is it on application? Asks 2 or 3 years since divorce?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Geesh ... fool me once, twice, three times????
    In a perfect world, every woman would have a chance to be married to me, at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickosuave View Post
    If you edit your original post there will be no more reason to correct you and no chance of newbies being misinformed/confused.
    Editing my original post would be a weak move, and would do nothing to all the posts that have quote it.
    Instead, people should read the thread before posting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.
    This is incorrect. I had a divorce finalized in August and submitted my RPAL in mid-March, received my license in early May. I did however write a formal letter outlining my circumstances along with court documentation of the separation date etc., so possibly that helped. The CFO will notify her but if you have no violent history record, it will be tough for her to plead otherwise with the CFO.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    This is incorrect. I had a divorce finalized in August and submitted my RPAL in mid-March, received my license in early May. I did however write a formal letter outlining my circumstances along with court documentation of the separation date etc., so possibly that helped. The CFO will notify her but if you have no violent history record, it will be tough for her to plead otherwise with the CFO.
    Yes. Again, we've covered that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I date back to before the FAC was invented, so it's understandable I'm on my fourth and final wife.
    Bloody hell man. Are you addicted to wedding cake or something? Two were more than enough for me.

Originally Posted by trebor2880
    I date back to before the FAC was invented, so it's understandable I'm on my fourth and final wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBarfly View Post
    Bloody hell man. Are you addicted to wedding cake or something? Two were more than enough for me.
    Must be allergic to money.
    That strategy is sure to keep you broke.
    On my 2nd and final wife.
    Can't afford another go around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Back on track
    I asked the CFO for Ontario this very question at their booth at the Toronto Sportsmans show this year, and the LADY at the booth told me that its not required. They will contact her, but haveing an ex wife (or current wife) who doesnt like firearms and won't sign the form is not a sufficient reason to deny a person a PAL or RPAL.

The divorce thing, lost your job thing is about you being suicidal. And about you shooting your ex. But as long as your other references check out that you are not depressed etc or a public safety concern then you will get your RPAL for sure