Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    You weren't misinformed unless you get your info from CNN......
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    The rest of the forum has moved on. You ought to do the same.
    I thought you were done with this?

You could move on too. You could move on but you chose to make the snarky comments about people being responsible to read the whole thread before they commented on your mistake. Because it's their job to ensure they know and check the accuracy before they post misleading statements. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I didn't get snarky. I acknowledged my mistake and moved on. You decided to have a cry fest because I wouldn't edit something that had already been quoted multiple times anyway, and if you bothered to try and comprehend my original post, it began with, "I believe..." leaving the door open to the fact that I could be misinformed.
    "Snarky" See above. You're still being snarky, telling me to move on and telling me I'm crying. Snarky.

"I believe" means "I have a basis to understand", but it does not mean "I don't know so I'm just guessing".

I don't give a crap what you think, but I don't want to see someone hurt because of your misleading post. We need to encourage new shooters, not chase them away. A person newly interested in shooting will see it and will not know it's total BS, and that unfortunate person will stop reading and not apply for his PAL because he is recently divorced or separated. And he will tell his friends and the damage will continue.

You could simply edit the post and add an extra line to the bottom of the existing post like this: "EDIT: I am informed this is not correct, please ignore." I bet you could think of something.

Every post that has quoted you since then has also refuted it. The only post that could hurt someone is the first one you made.

First person on my ignore list.

I don't bother with the silliness of having an ignore list but if i did you aren't so important that you'd be on it.
    Last edited by jethunter; 06-16-2017 at 01:57 PM.

you will be denied a pal Licence:
    "Criminal and Psychiatric Checks

According to section 5(1) of the Firearms Act, “[a] person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm.”[38] Therefore, “[a]n applicant for a firearm licence in Canada must pass background checks which consider criminal, mental, addiction and domestic violence records.”[39] Besides criminal checks, in order to determine eligibility under the Act, authorities must consider whether within the previous five years the applicant

has been treated for a mental illness, whether in a hospital, mental institute, psychiatric clinic or otherwise
    and whether or not the person was confined to such a hospital, institute or clinic, that was associated with
    violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person; or

has a history of behavior that includes violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the
    person against any person.[40]" Quote

This was taken directly from Firearms-control Legislation and policy Canada web site

Quote Originally Posted by Little Moose View Post
    you will be denied a pal Licence:
    "Criminal and Psychiatric Checks

According to section 5(1) of the Firearms Act, “[a] person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm.”[38] Therefore, “[a]n applicant for a firearm licence in Canada must pass background checks which consider criminal, mental, addiction and domestic violence records.”[39] Besides criminal checks, in order to determine eligibility under the Act, authorities must consider whether within the previous five years the applicant

has been treated for a mental illness, whether in a hospital, mental institute, psychiatric clinic or otherwise
    and whether or not the person was confined to such a hospital, institute or clinic, that was associated with
    violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the person against any person; or

has a history of behavior that includes violence or threatened or attempted violence on the part of the
    person against any person.[40]" Quote

This was taken directly from Firearms-control Legislation and policy Canada web site
    More B.S. advice.
    Is there some kind of Misinformation University pumping out new graduates?

Licensed firearms owners have a veritable minefield to cross every single day, even just the in-storage/in-use/in-transport definitions themselves are so open to interpretations that can cause obvious serious ramifications for us.
    If you give out false information with the unintended consequence of discouraging someone from applying for their PAL or worse, you should be taken to task on here.

And if it's too damn much for some of the fragile egos on here to edit your damn post for the good of others. Well then maybe you should just step back from the keyboard.
    It's not about you. It's about the good of the community.

We all make mistakes, iv'e made many. It's how you choose to rectify it that will define you.

You will denied a Pal if you have a history of violence, or attempted violence.
    have been admitted to a mental hospitals,

Look up Firearms-control legislation and policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Moose View Post
    You will denied a Pal if you have a history of violence, or attempted violence.
    have been admitted to a mental hospitals,

Look up Firearms-control legislation and policy.
    Wrong again.

Here's the link: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearm...rol/canada.php

Criminal and Psychiatric Checks

person against any person.[40]
    In addition to background checks, “third party character references for each gun licence applicant are required.”[41]

Quote Originally Posted by patrickosuave View Post
    More B.S. advice.
    Is there some kind of Misinformation University pumping out new graduates?

Licensed firearms owners have a veritable minefield to cross every single day, even just the in-storage/in-use/in-transport definitions themselves are so open to interpretations that can cause obvious serious ramifications for us.
    If you give out false information with the unintended consequence of discouraging someone from applying for their PAL or worse, you should be taken to task on here.

And if it's too damn much for some of the fragile egos on here to edit your damn post for the good of others. Well then maybe you should just step back from the keyboard.
    It's not about you. It's about the good of the community.

We all make mistakes, iv'e made many. It's how you choose to rectify it that will define you.
    I see I got to your fragile ego.

I hold both firearm and hunters certification