Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

PAL and Divorce

Hello CGN world! I'm really hoping some of you would be able to help me out.

First off, I have searched the forum and Google for answers before creating this thread, so if this is a repost, please direct me in the right direction and close this thread.

I've finally got around to completing my PAL safety courses and am currently working on the application process. I am also currently going through a divorce. There is a section in the application that requires a signature from my ex wife. I've asked her if she would be willing to sign, and she refused.

So basically my question is, will I get approved? or am I wasting my time? have any of you gone through similar scenarios? if so what was the outcome? I figured I would apply anyways and hope for the best, but I have a gut feeling my ex will prevent my approval.

Any information is much appreciated, thank you.

i got mine during the same situation they call my ex and ask her a bunch of questions and they determined that she was just being spiteful and disliked guns , and that seeing as she didn't feel that i was a physical threat to her they seen no reason to deny me.
    The smell of burnt gunpowder is my Prozaccou

CGN Regular
    Here is your answer:
    Boxes 18 and 19
    The signatures of your current or former conjugal partners is not legally required. However, if their signatures is not provided, the Chief Firearms Officer has a duty to notify them of your application for a firearms licence.

Thanks guys! I did see that the signatures weren't required, and that they will have to notify her of my application. My ex is fairly spiteful and is against guns, and I am worried that she will do her best to answer the questions in a way that will give them reason to deny me. I really do hope they will see through her strategy. Either way I will submit that application and hope for the best.

I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.
    Odd because I know someone who had their RPAL approved just months after their divorce was finalized.

Also on the application it asks if I have been through a divorce or separation in the last 2 years and if so explain the situation on a separate sheet.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    Thanks guys! I did see that the signatures weren't required, and that they will have to notify her of my application. My ex is fairly spiteful and is against guns, and I am worried that she will do her best to answer the questions in a way that will give them reason to deny me. I really do hope they will see through her strategy. Either way I will submit that application and hope for the best.
    This is where your other references come into play. Make sure you have solid, dependable people for the CFO's office to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by BernDawg View Post
    This is where your other references come into play. Make sure you have solid, dependable people for the CFO's office to talk to.
    Thank you! That's good to hear. My other references are solid.

not sure where that answer came from but only if you are a danger to your ex will you be denied a PAL. Lots of people get divorced or split up and get their PALS

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast