Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.

But... but... Doesn't the Human rights act forbid discrimination based upon family status..?
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

Do people actual read the posts in the thread??
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Parts View Post
    Do people actual read the posts in the thread??
    Apparently not.

Wow!! I haven't checked on this thread for a while now. Thank you for all of your replies. I feel much more confident in my application now.

Due to a busy life, I've just submitted my application on the 1st of June. The tracking says it was delivered on the 7th. I'm assuming it will show up online by early next month. I will let you guys know the outcome and time frame.

Again thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    Hello CGN world! I'm really hoping some of you would be able to help me out.

First off, I have searched the forum and Google for answers before creating this thread, so if this is a repost, please direct me in the right direction and close this thread.

I've finally got around to completing my PAL safety courses and am currently working on the application process. I am also currently going through a divorce. There is a section in the application that requires a signature from my ex wife. I've asked her if she would be willing to sign, and she refused.

So basically my question is, will I get approved? or am I wasting my time? have any of you gone through similar scenarios? if so what was the outcome? I figured I would apply anyways and hope for the best, but I have a gut feeling my ex will prevent my approval.

Any information is much appreciated, thank you.
    Go for it, don't let the ##### control you any longer, and that is the reason why she refused to sign. If you don't have any history then you won't have any problem.

Editing my original post would be a weak move, and would do nothing to all the posts that have quote it.
    Instead, people should read the thread before posting in it.
    You mean people should make some effort to be well informed on the entire subject, and know what they are talking about before posting an opinion? Hey, great idea.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Why are divorces so expensive? Because they're worth it!
    (sorry, just trying to interject a bit of humour...)
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    You mean people should make some effort to be well informed on the entire subject, and know what they are talking about before posting an opinion? Hey, great idea.
    How much longer would you like to beat the dead horse? I would think it would be pretty putrid smelling by now, but you go right ahead.

How much longer would you like to beat the dead horse? I would think it would be pretty putrid smelling by now, but you go right ahead.
    Maybe it's not the horse that you smell, sometimes when you stick both feet in your mouth they stay stuck in there for a while.

If you don't want to be reminded of your mistake you should edit it because obviously it ticks people off to see something that wrong. Or just man-up, and accept that if you talk about stuff you don't understand you will occasionally wish you hadn't.

Editing my post would be pointless. It won't change it in all the posts that it's been quoted, and would be a ##### move. I was wrong, and accepted it. The rest of us have moved on.
    Back to your horse with you.