Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PAL and Divorce

I guess I'm misinformed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    If you have concerns about your ex you may want to be patient and let the time pass so she has no say...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    If you have concerns about your ex you may want to be patient and let the time pass so she has no say...
    Good advice as well. 2 years isn't that long to wait especially if any of your friends shoot with you you dont even need it.
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.
    That's not necessarily accurate. As long as there's no incidents of domestic violence or threats of violence,rarely are PAL apps denied.

Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    Thanks guys! I did see that the signatures weren't required, and that they will have to notify her of my application. My ex is fairly spiteful and is against guns, and I am worried that she will do her best to answer the questions in a way that will give them reason to deny me. I really do hope they will see through her strategy. Either way I will submit that application and hope for the best.
    Send an explanation with details with your application as indicated. Police deal with this issue continually. It's nothing new to them. At worst,it may add a week or two to processing.

CGN frequent flyer
    I've got divorced twice 5 years between.

It was NO ISSUE and neither EX signed my paperwork.

They probably ask that question to determine two things - if they do follow-up on your answer. 1) are your trying to buy a gun to wipe out your EX? and/or 2) are you trying to buy a gun to off yourself because "they left you"?

If they refused a PAL/RPAL simply based on a divorce or domestic break-up or because your EX hated you, half of us wouldn't ever have a PAL or RPAL.

No different then the questions about "have you experienced a job loss", "attempted suicide" (or whatever). Just asking are you "stable or unstable"...

Hey Guys,

Going through or having gone through a separation or divorce is hardly a reason for denying the PAL. What's important is full disclosure. If you try to hide the fact of a separation or divorce, that is what will result in a denial of your license. Think about it, if you get your PAL , and a month later go through a separation, do they confiscate your PAL? of course not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    Hello CGN world! I'm really hoping some of you would be able to help me out.

First off, I have searched the forum and Google for answers before creating this thread, so if this is a repost, please direct me in the right direction and close this thread.

I've finally got around to completing my PAL safety courses and am currently working on the application process. I am also currently going through a divorce. There is a section in the application that requires a signature from my ex wife. I've asked her if she would be willing to sign, and she refused.

So basically my question is, will I get approved? or am I wasting my time? have any of you gone through similar scenarios? if so what was the outcome? I figured I would apply anyways and hope for the best, but I have a gut feeling my ex will prevent my approval.

Any information is much appreciated, thank you.
    i cant answer your question but it would be helpful if you posted back your outcome here
    if and when you get your license
    typical British wankers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    You have nothing to worry about. Explain the story on a separate paper if needed. Divorce is not a valid reason to be denied a PAL

Quote Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
    I believe if you've gotten a divorce or suffered a separation in the last 3 years, you will not be granted your PAL.
    Strange i got mine and was going through a divorce..

CGN Regular
    I got my RPAL while I was going through a divorce. I did not ask my ex for her signature, and I had no problems. I assume they called her, but I have never asked her about it.