Thread: PR Clinic in Alberta

PR Clinic in Alberta

Hey Barney,

Now that we enjoyed the CQB Clinic here in Alberta, maybe you can start looking into setting up a Precision Rifle clinic here as well...?

Take care,

Akin

Me and friend would be interested as well.

Business Member
    Hold on fellas... I love you guys very much (well, you know what I mean....)

Let's back up a bit.... Here in Garrison Petawawa, I'm supported by the Petawawa GC on Base. I have access to a traditional gallery (overhead cement protected butts) range (or more) and I can put on a Match SERIES (big difference from a SINGLE competition versus 6 matches per season long). I hope you expert shooters understand this; more like a season to train / develop/ improve/ reflect/ train harder/ reload more/ tweak your ballistics- internal and external/improve spotter relationships etc etc.

I need something / support/ environment/context/structure like that. At a Training base like Borden and Connaught there exist relationships between the DND and PRA's that span over 150 years. I cannot quite catch up to that. I'm just grateful and thankful that I can approach the kind folks at Petawawa GC and offer them a quality program for the ENTIRE season- it's a two way street you must understand.

An open pasture / field/ coulee / just does not quite cut it with the quality of training that I can/have / been delivering here on a Gallery Range with a structured (targetry and match sequence) challenge. And that's just me...

Let's face it, shooting steel sure is fun as heck, but you cannot learn as fast on a 12" plate as you can on a figure 11 with mates down below indicating each bullet hole. When shooting steel, the feedback you receive is binary (hit or miss... not miss the center by how much?) Now you have some numbers/metrics/numerics/measurements to work with. Correct me if I'm wrong but newbies learn best with a gallery range and expert shooters don't need ME.

They need masters like Rob Furlong, Keith and Linda, Earl Green, WDT Consulting, etc. I'm just a lowly Match Director who can turn out winning scoring shooters... And I do have the experience to bear witness that these folks are experiencing success and progressing forward in their growth process. That's my 'take away' from all this fun.

BTW, this is a great discussion and I'm enjoying it... Now about using the 900m Range in Dundurn, SK..... I'm really interested in conducting a PR Camp...

Barney

My wife knows I'm getting homesick
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 11-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Business Member
    Now AA, if you are speaking about a PRS clinic, I'm already working on things here in Ontario with other MDs from the Meaford LR Steel Challenge that we successfully delivered and completed on Labour Day weekend of Sep 2017.

But that's still a long way off and many logistical headaches to cure.

If you are pleased with the CQB fun, keep attending the matches and drag your friends to come out and play.... BECAUSE we CAN... right now anyways!

We are booking the last weekend of April for another CQB Clinic for 2018.

Cheers,
    Barney