lubricating oil

alltieear

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
so i thoughtlessly bought a can of hoppes 9 lubricating oil when i purchased my mossberg 500.

is this the right product i need for a light coat on the surface for rust protection or i done messed up?

so i thoughtlessly bought a can of hoppes 9 lubricating oil when i purchased my mossberg 500.

is this the right product i need for a light coat on the surface for rust protection or i done messed up?

Does it say gun oil on the bottle anywhere?
Staff of the Crown here in BC are only allowed to use Hoppes No 9 Cleaning/Lube products for their issued firearms.
So, I would say yes you purchased the correct product for your shotgun.
Others have a different flavor or scent to put on their guns.
Ask your mom or girl friend what her favorite scent is...you'll be wise to pay head there ;)
Best Regards,
Rob

great, i got the right product. thanks for the tip Rob haha.

as the 12ga is my only firearm right now, i hope the recoil doesnt make my girlfriend shy away from the sport

great, i got the right product. thanks for the tip Rob haha.

as the 12ga is my only firearm right now, i hope the recoil doesnt make my girlfriend shy away from the sport

Get a slip on gel pad i you plan to give it to your girlfriend.

I use it and I don't care if my buddies give me hard time about it, my shoulder joint is more important to me.

Use lite loads for the G/F as in 7.5 trap rounds till she gets used to the recoil and blast.
A soft recoil pad and some good ear plugs and make sure they are clean too...hell hath no furry like a woman scorned and an ear infection is one way to scorn her.
Best Regards,
Rob

Also lots here use G-96 ...not sure if its available where you are , but it is good stuff too.

so im looking for target loads? like the remington gun club or challenger target load?

i saw some federal extra lite #8 also, but they were sold out online.

another weird question.

have any of you used the stanley ear protections? its the bright yellow ones that construction workers use. I mean its still built to reduce noise levels. and its significantly cheaper and better than most other ears made for shooting

another weird question.

have any of you used the stanley ear protections? its the bright yellow ones that construction workers use. I mean its still built to reduce noise levels. and its significantly cheaper and better than most other ears made for shooting

Any will do. Just get NRR30 standard. So you don't have to double plug when people shoot 338 lapuas near you.

Hoppes oil is all I use on all my guns, good stuff. Start the lady friend out with 7.5 shot target load and work up from there once she's comfortable with the easy loads. I did that with my wife and now she shoots slugs or my Mosin without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom