Thread: Safariland 6004-5 Double Strap to Single Strap Conversion

Business Member

Safariland 6004-5 Double Strap to Single Strap Conversion

CQB folks ... here's one of my favorite mods/approaches/strategies to obtain a nice fit with a Safariland 6004 or 6005 holster rig....

It all started when I enexpectedly WON a couple of Ebay auctions and as they closed overnight, I woke up to an email saying that I WON the auction and I gotta pay up... well my bid price was a bit of a lowball/joke bid and I was now the owner of these used beat up holster/shroud rigs. I did not mind for that price. On with the mods...

Many of you are familiar with the ubiquitous (fancy word for abundant and found everywhere) but when you are a short chinaman like I am, the 2 strap shroud does funny things on / to your thigh. It certainly flops around like mad when you run and drops lower and lower as the day goes on. So I converted this shroud to a single strap version with a pair of Tin Snips / Dremel tool / trauma scissors.

Have a look and be inspired

Basically one just has to re-contour the upper half of the shroud. And now it's a lower profile and cooler on the trousers.

Now notice how I took my sewing machine and made hanger straps from leftover web (seat belt texture) 2" wide material? The colours don't match but these 2 holsters ended up in Kandahar to some PPCLI soldiers.

The local joke goes like this:

Platoon Warrant asks, "Where did you source these mods done?"

PPCLI trooper friend discretely responds, "Discovery Channel, Warrant."

And that's what I heard back from my Battle Group buddy...

So there is no SINGLE Correct way to do it. Discover, experiment and have fun with the sewing machine.

Enjoy the CQB gear preparation process. It's why we do this hobby!

Cheers,

Barney

AKA: Your Tactical Teacher!

Would love to see pics of the steps, but the pics are not showing.

It says you need to update your photobucket account.

Or send me your pictures and I'll host them. (first name).(last name)@gmail.com - I'll send you back links this afternoon.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Business Member
    Just have to find some time to download the pics from my photobucket library and then post them up on Imgbb account. Right now I am pressured to learn this iPad and post the Sniper Match 5 results up right now.....