Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing the Heathen-Lite Muzzle Brake!

CGN Regular
    self timed

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    There is another post about some other aluminium brake..and they showed it all eroded and said it lasted very few rounds. Is it this special treatment you use that prevents that from occurring? I was under the impression that the aluminium would melt regardless of surface since its so thin a coating.
    We have run these brakes on 6xc, 6.5CM, 308 in multiple PRS matchestyle where strings of fire are consistently 8 to 12. Our comp rifles from last year each had over 2200 rounds and the brakes were fine.
    One of our customers has a Carbon Fiber barreled 300 Norma and has approximately 700 rounds through his rifle with no issues.
    We also did a couple 6.5-284 and a 7mm Rem Mag with this brake and 2 of those rifles are due for a new barrel and the brakes look good.
    The surface hardening is important however the alloy is quite resilient.
    Of course we have not tested these on prolonged semi auto and full auto fire....but that isn't the application we intended for this brake.
    Last edited by Insite Arms; 05-19-2017 at 01:59 AM.

We have had some questions about the new Heathen Lite Brake...thought we'd post the most common inquiries here for reference:

1. Is the design the same as the original Heathen?
    Yes - exactly the same design that has made the original Heathen so popular - The same port geometry which allows the even discharge of gasses to be directed away from the shooter while allowing optimal recoil reduction and sight picture maintenance. It has the same locking-nut design for tool-less installation and quick timing without the hassle of crush washers.

2. Will the Aluminum alloy and surface hardening stand-up over long-term use?
    Yes, we have multiple brakes that are on their second barrel. These brakes are run on 6mm, 6.5 and 30 cal cartridges in PRS style environments where 10 to 12 round strings are common throughout a 180-200 round shooting event.

3. Can the Heathen-Lite be used on Gas-Guns?
    It was designed for the precision rifle, both bolt action and semi-auto rifles and their application in long range shooting. It isn't designed or intended for the short-barreled semi-auto shooter who goes to the range to run 20 to 30 rounds through the rifle 5 times as fast as possible.

4. Do you warranty your product?
    Yes. If this brake fails to produce the accuracy or recoil reduction from the time of original purchase we will replace it at no charge.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    There is another post about some other aluminium brake..and they showed it all eroded and said it lasted very few rounds. Is it this special treatment you use that prevents that from occurring? I was under the impression that the aluminium would melt regardless of surface since its so thin a coating.
    As being one of the guys to test run this break I had run my 6xc 2400 rounds with cleaning the break every 500 rounds running strings of 14 rounds and I have yet to see any irregular erosion start on it. Of course on a semi auto the aluminum wouldn't stand up as at the same time the barrel is t holding up to any high standard or accuracy either.... in the long run you can't go wrong with the aluminum brake on your Precision rifle, if available it is my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Insite Arms View Post
    Will be on the website soon
    They will be the same price
    When will they be on your website? I have been trying to order one.

the 6.5cal 0.885 5/8x24 AL brakes will be ready this week
    i will shoot you an email when we have it ready to send out for you
    andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12