Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Legal Defence - New Business Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majormalfunction View Post
    I understand you skepticism but you should do a little more research if you want to have a valid opinion.
    This DOES what they say they do. PERIOD
    When the RCMP/Police realizes we ALL have the capacity to fight in court, they will realize they cannot waste their time with these petty charges

On another note..
    What really gets me is how everyone is nickle and dime when it comes to anything to do with firearms
    Be it memberships with the CSSA, NFA and CCFR or firearm Legal Defense
    It takes money to get things going.
    Everyone thinks ME ME ME

Well WHAT have YOU done for your fellow gun owner?
    Let me guess NOTHING

Its a numbers game fellas
    stop being a cheap skate and get involved
    RESEARCH and GET INVOLVED

WHY do you think we always get the $hit end of the stick?
    let me remind you

ME ME ME What do I get, what's in it for me
    keep saying that till we all lose our guns

$85 a year for such a service.
    If you don't see the value in that.... Enjoy your trial and thanks for NOT helping others
    Have you even read the policy before you started your rant?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Have you even read the policy before you started your rant?
    He's actually one of the clients who we've defended so I'm sure you can understand his passion for the program.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    If and when the insurance actually defends someone in court, could you post some verifiable examples? I would consider coverage if I knew I would be defended all the way to the Supreme Court if need be.

I am about to renew for the 2nd year and I am trying to find a discount code for being a Cssa member, however, since they screwed up my membership, I have not received any letter from them since Jan 2017.
    So can someone please send me the discount code for the renewal?
    Thank you

Any update as to the family plan?
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Sorry posted same comment twice
    Last edited by Alvin1095; 08-14-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Will your firearm legal defence insurance cover cases of self defence involving other weapons such as bows, bear spray or knives?
    I just think that if, heaven forbid, a burglar breaks into my room at night, I can get to my compound bow faster than my locked up unloaded shotgun.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin1095 View Post
    Will your firearm legal defence insurance cover cases of self defence involving other weapons such as bows, bear spray or knives?
    I just think that if, heaven forbid, a burglar breaks into my room at night, I can get to my compound bow faster than my locked up unloaded shotgun.
    Although I can definitely see the humor in a crook being stretchered out with a bolt in his butt cheek this policy does not extend to self defence if there is no firearm evolved. That is made clear with exclusion E in the policy: a weapon that is not a firearm

May I be permitted to ask a unofficial legal question? So for legal storage of an unrestricted it can be anywhere just needs to be unloaded and trigger locked, so if I keep a box of buckshot next to said locked and unloaded shotgun and I have to use it against say an armed buglar I would be defended for protecting myself and family from said armed buglar? Thank you kindly

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrain View Post
    May I be permitted to ask a unofficial legal question? So for legal storage of an unrestricted it can be anywhere just needs to be unloaded and trigger locked, so if I keep a box of buckshot next to said locked and unloaded shotgun and I have to use it against say an armed buglar I would be defended for protecting myself and family from said armed buglar? Thank you kindly
    Hi Hydrain,

Answering hypotheticals like this can be somewhat difficult as we all know these situations are never that cut and dry. Based on the situation you've laid out, as long as you were following all proper storage rules and it happened exactly as you`ve said then I would say yes the policy would respond. The policy wording reads like this:

"...the Insured was acting in self-defense, the defense of a person under the Insured’s protection or in defense of the Insured’s property;"

Hopefully that helps