Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearm Legal Defence - New Business Member

This has been around for a while.
    I haven't heard of any claimant success stories yet.
    Not saying there isn't any. I just haven't heard any.

I want someone else to be the canary in the coal mine.

The acid test is whether the insurance has helped some specific someone(s) be successful in court and saved them a bunch of legal fees.

I bought a cheap insurance policy a few years back and learned (the hard way) 3 things: 1) read ALL the fine print, 2) you generally get what you paid for, 3) don't believe a friggin word the policy seller tells you without checking it out.

Why no coverage for QC residents?
    "Are you silly? I’m still gonna send it..."
    -Larry Enticer

Very interested in this, however I'm not able to find the declarations of what the policy actually covers in terms of $$$.

https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...y-v1012-16.pdf

Example of what I mean from page 11:

The Underwriter shall only be responsible to pay the Appointed Representative’s normal
    hourly rate up to the Fee Limit set out in the Declarations. The Insured must pay the
    Appointed Representative any legal or professional fees in excess of this amount. Any
    Appointed Representative the Insured chooses must disclose his or her chargeable rates
    and the rates of any staff.
    Any more information would be helpful, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick question. Both my wife and I are enthusiasts and shoot. I assume the $95 would only cover one of us? Do you have a family rate?
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQMAT View Post
    Why no coverage for QC residents?
    We're just working on getting the wording translated into French. Should be available again shortly.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    This has been around for a while.
    I haven't heard of any claimant success stories yet.
    Not saying there isn't any. I just haven't heard any.

I want someone else to be the canary in the coal mine.

The acid test is whether the insurance has helped some specific someone(s) be successful in court and saved them a bunch of legal fees.

I bought a cheap insurance policy a few years back and learned (the hard way) 3 things: 1) read ALL the fine print, 2) you generally get what you paid for, 3) don't believe a friggin word the policy seller tells you without checking it out.

We have claims examples from some of your clients on both the website and facebook page https://firearmlegaldefence.com/gun-...arges-dropped/

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    Quick question. Both my wife and I are enthusiasts and shoot. I assume the $95 would only cover one of us? Do you have a family rate?
    Yes, the $95 is per PAL. You would need to purchase 2 policies at this time. We have a family membership at the top of the list of improvements

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Brock View Post
    Very interested in this, however I'm not able to find the declarations of what the policy actually covers in terms of $$$.

https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...y-v1012-16.pdf

Example of what I mean from page 11:

Any more information would be helpful, thank you.
    Sorry about that General, the policy covers members for $150,000 per claim with an annual max of $500,000.

GunNutz
    Just a question,
    Have you ever had to defend a firearm owner who has used a firearm in Self Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Sorry about that General, the policy covers members for $150,000 per claim with an annual max of $500,000.
    Would the policy coverage be sufficient if the crown appealed and the case went to scoc?
    Likely not.
    Doesn't take long for lawyers fees to eat up $150K in a fight through 3 levels of courts.
    And if it was something major the crown would fight it all the way.
    So essentially we're talking about minor cases that would likely be abandoned by either party after a judgement in provincial court.
    That's where the criminal justice system has most gun owners beat. They can out wait us and out spend us.