Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearm Legal Defence - New Business Member

BANNED
    I just don't understand what you guys are offering? Why don't I just sign up for CCFR they cover up to 5,000,000$ for a 100$ a year

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    I just don't understand what you guys are offering? Why don't I just sign up for CCFR they cover up to 5,000,000$ for a 100$ a year
    That's only liability insurance (eg: civil damages). Doesn't cover legal costs for FA related legal trouble. You have to pay extra for legal defence insurance.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    That's only liability insurance (eg: civil damages). Doesn't cover legal costs for FA related legal trouble. You have to pay extra for legal defence insurance.
    The legal defence is 92$ a year and the legal advice is 16$ a year for a total 108$ per year for 5 mill coverage.....check the site and please correct if I'm wrong.....not trying to take over capri insurances threat but I'm just stating the other options out there and what they have to offer......as I'm very close to buying some form of insurance and want the best bang for the buck

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    The legal defence is 92$ a year and the legal advice is 16$ a year for a total 108$ per year for 5 mill coverage.....check the site and please correct if I'm wrong.....not trying to take over capri insurances threat but I'm just stating the other options out there and what they have to offer......as I'm very close to buying some form of insurance and want the best bang for the buck
    Firearm Legal Defence is the first and only program developed for ALL Canadian Gun Owners, not just those of one specific organization. Here are some major differences between our program and the CCFR

1 - The limits for our program are higher at $150,000 per claim. The CCFR program is only $100,000
    2 - Firearm Legal Defence is $85/year for members of Firearms Associations including CCFR members. As you mentioned the CCFR program is $108.
    3 - Firearm Legal Defence covers you for the current 10/22 magazine issue. The CCFR policy does not.
    4 - Once you purchase a Firearm Legal Defence policy your policy page and policy wordings are emailed to you within seconds, including a wallet card you can cut out and keep with you in case you need to report a claim or use the free telephone legal advice service.

Should you have any other questions please hesitate to contact me or for even more detail please check out our other post https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Legal-Defence
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 05-10-2017 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Removed an incorrect fact.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    ... Here are some major differences between our program and the CCFR...
    Awesome, thanks!

CGN frequent flyer
    3 - Firearm Legal Defence covers you for the current 10/22 magazine issue. The CCFR policy does not.
    4 - Once you purchase a Firearm Legal Defence policy your policy page and policy wordings are emailed to you within seconds, including a wallet card you can cut out and keep with you in case you need to report a claim or use the free telephone legal advice service.

I recommend keeping a photo of the card on your phone as well. Maybe cause I don't carry a wallet though, lol.

About the mag issue, would the policy cover "Beowulf .50" mags pinned to 5 rounds of .50 beowulf as well? (the ones the RCMP say must be limited to 2, so they can only hold 5 .223) Not intending to create a #### storm, am a policy holder with the mags.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    I recommend keeping a photo of the card on your phone as well. Maybe cause I don't carry a wallet though, lol.

About the mag issue, would the policy cover "Beowulf .50" mags pinned to 5 rounds of .50 beowulf as well? (the ones the RCMP say must be limited to 2, so they can only hold 5 .223) Not intending to create a #### storm, am a policy holder with the mags.
    The policy was designed to protect gun owners who follow the law and are charges regardless. If the firearms act says that the magazine is legal and you're charged anyways then the policy will respond.

CGN frequent flyer
    Excellent, thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Firearm Legal Defence is the first and only program developed for ALL Canadian Gun Owners, not just those of one specific organization. Here are some major differences between our program and the CCFR

1 - The limits for our program are higher at $150,000 per claim. The CCFR program is only $100,000
    2 - Firearm Legal Defence is $85/year for members of Firearms Associations including CCFR members. As you mentioned the CCFR program is $108 and you must be a CCFR member

Should you have any other questions please hesitate to contact me or for even more detail please check out our other post https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Legal-Defence
    Some of your claims are untrue actually.

Your price is $95/year plus tax... you only get reimbursed $10 if you join an association, and if they remember to discount your membership price....

Also CCFR's limit is also $150,000 per policy, with an annual max of $500,000/per policy.... and their price of $92 includes tax... they also have a standalone option for $16/year to buy legal advise only. $92 includes legal advice... Their membership is per household and therefore no need to buy multiples for each individual. Also, you don't have to be a CCFR member, non members can buy either advice or defence as a standalone.... Why are you twisting things??

Please elaborate how someone would be charged with a 10/22 magazine infraction, and how your coverage would defend the person? If I own a said magazine unpinned and I get charged tomorrow will your company defend me, and take my case to the Supreme Court if necessary? What about the exclusion in your policy about existing class action suits? Not sure if you're aware there is already an ongoing class action suit regarding these magazines... so your answer seems a bit contradictory to your wordings....

Seems like you like to play with words, a bit...

Also, in exactly what provinces are you licensed to sell in insurance? You give an impression that you can insure businesses in every province, which is not the case...

If there are multiple claims in any given year, and the $500,000 limit is reached, what happens then? Because your $500,000 annual limit is for the program, and not the individual, correct? CCFR's isn't.....

What I don't like is people who overpromise and flat out twist things. There is no reason for it. You don't seem like a bad guy, why do it?

You know what really grinds my gears too, people who see gun owners as nothing more than $$$$, if you have a good product fine, but telling everyone you'll be all and end all, just to make a sale.... not cool. Also using Ian Thompson as an example, when your product wasn't even around when he was in trouble... I can bring up a few more things but I won't right now. We all need to make a living, but let's do it with some class.
    Last edited by LuckyLuc82; 05-09-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Some of your claims are untrue actually.

Your price is $95/year plus tax... you only get reimbursed $10 if you join an association, and if they remember to discount your membership price....

Also CCFR's limit is also $150,000 per policy, with an annual max of $500,000/per policy.... and their price of $92 includes tax... they also have a standalone option for $16/year to buy legal advise only. $92 includes legal advice... Their membership is per household and therefore no need to buy multiples for each individual. Also, you don't have to be a CCFR member, non members can buy either advice or defence as a standalone.... Why are you twisting things??

Please elaborate how someone would be charged with a 10/22 magazine infraction, and how your coverage would defend the person? If I own a said magazine unpinned and I get charged tomorrow will your company defend me, and take my case to the Supreme Court if necessary? What about the exclusion in your policy about existing class action suits? Not sure if you're aware there is already an ongoing class action suit regarding these magazines... so your answer seems a bit contradictory to your wordings....

Seems like you like to play with words, a bit...

Also, in exactly what provinces are you licensed to sell in insurance? You give an impression that you can insure businesses in every province, which is not the case...

If there are multiple claims in any given year, and the $500,000 limit is reached, what happens then? Because your $500,000 annual limit is for the program, and not the individual, correct? CCFR's isn't.....

What I don't like is people who overpromise and flat out twist things. There is no reason for it. You don't seem like a bad guy, why do it?

You know what really grinds my gears too, people who see gun owners as nothing more than $$$$, if you have a good product fine, but telling everyone you'll be all and end all, just to make a sale.... not cool. Also using Ian Thompson as an example, when your product wasn't even around when he was in trouble... I can bring up a few more things but I won't right now. We all need to make a living, but let's do it with some class.
    Sorry if I created any confusion. The point of the CCFR policy was brought up and so I was only showing differences between the two.

1- We give a $10 discount to CCFR members. All you need to do is ask and I can provide a discount code. That makes the policy $85 and our policy comes with the legal advice automatically included. No need to purchase it at an additional premium. This is also a discount at purchase, not a reimbursement after you buy.

2- With regards to the limits please click this link to the CCFR website and note at the bottom of the documents that it says $100,000 https://firearmrights.ca/docs/dasenglish.pdf

3- With regard to the membership per household. Here is the wording from the CCFR page https://firearmrights.ca/docs/ccfrdaslegalen.pdf Note page 6 under the definition of you,your it says the name on the deceleration page is the insured person. I would ensure that your insurance deceleration page says all of your families names on it before you assume your all covered.

4- With regards to the 10/22 issue. Here is the exclusion from our wording you're talking about any claim relating to a review or dispute regarding the lawfulness of any decision or action of any federal or provincial governmental or quasi – governmental body, or any other local or public authority, other than in relation to an accepted claim in respect of any event insured under this policy. notice the last part that says other then in relation to an accepted claim in respect of any event insured under this policy. We also confirmed this fact with our underwriters before we moved our program away from DAS and to the new underwriter.

5- I did not make any mention of the $500,000 max limit as both ours and the CCFR have it. Each one of our clients has $150,000 per claim to a max of $500,000 in one year. This is not a shared limit between our policy holders.

6- Capri Insurance is licensed in ever province in Canada except Quebec.

7- I made no mention that we're the be all end all, I simply stated some differences between the two programs

8- I don't recall mentioning Ian Thomson in any of my posts. We have his story on our website at his request. His example is a perfect example of where an FLD policy could respond. You can also click here to see Ian's testimonial on our website about how he encourages people to buy a policy because of what happened to him https://firearmlegaldefence.com/testimonials/

9- It does appear that you're correct about not having to be a member. This is a new feature that I was not aware of. I have removed that point from my original post.

Again, I apologize if I created any confusion as I was simply trying to show people a few of the differences. At the end of the day people can purchase a policy from whomever they wish.
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 05-10-2017 at 12:49 AM.