Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Legal Defence - New Business Member

That's a good enough answer for me, I'll be applying for this insurance within the next day or so. Thank you kindly

I have it and will renew my policy. Speaking for myself only, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.

Welcome.
    I Have your policy as well, also hoping I'll never need to use it. However with all the recent news reports about frivolous charges being brought against law abiding firearms owners. The peace of mind for the cost of the policy is excellent.

Well part of the reason this caught my attention so much is 2 weeks ago myself and my boss decided to go out to some crown land and shoot some clays ( been shooting there with varying frequency as it's only 20min drive vs 1hr+ to range) anyways it was Sunday and a stranger followed us into the land and stated that the cops have been regularly coming out due to noise complaints ( total nonsense I figured)he warned the cops would show up in 20min if we started shooting. So fearing the off chance he wasn't full of it and getting charges laid we decided to pack up and leave since we couldn't get a hold of RCMP or a wildlife officer to clarify that the land was still free use crown land. Monday after talking to a officer threw the non emergency line he basically stated that nothing would be illegal about shooting in the land just if they got a call with complaints they would come and said honestly would try to find something we slipped up on and used no trigger locks on guns stored in the vehicle as and example to lay charges. So after that experience and hearing that from the office I feel this would be a very good idea to have protection from RCMP chomping on the bit to lay charges against legal gun owners. Just my 2 cents.

CGN Regular
    Near Barrie, ON and close to Wasaga Beach/Midland
    Just signed up. Figured its worth it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrain View Post
    Monday after talking to a officer threw the non emergency line he basically stated that nothing would be illegal about shooting in the land just if they got a call with complaints they would come and said honestly would try to find something we slipped up on and used no trigger locks on guns stored in the vehicle as and example to lay charges.
    Doesn't seem to matter to the officer the charges are malicious and bogus. If I had to used the services of a lawyer only once, the $95.00 annual premium is super cheap. What is the hourly rate of a experienced criminal lawyer these days? It will be a hell of a lot more than $95.00 I'll bet.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Doesn't seem to matter to the officer the charges are malicious and bogus. If I had to used the services of a lawyer only once, the $95.00 annual premium is super cheap. What is the hourly rate of a experienced criminal lawyer these days? It will be a hell of a lot more than $95.00 I'll bet.
    Agreed, I'm sold on it.

Expired Business Member
    We appreaciate the support everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Although I can definitely see the humor in a crook being stretchered out with a bolt in his butt cheek this policy does not extend to self defence if there is no firearm evolved. That is made clear with exclusion E in the policy: a weapon that is not a firearm
    Interestingly, in some provinces a bow is considered a 'firearm' under the legislation that governs firearms in that province.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Tagged