Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: False Charges Dropped - Firearm Legal Defence

Expired Business Member

False Charges Dropped - Firearm Legal Defence

Hello Everyone,

Although this story is from last year we still get questions about examples of where our policy has defended gun owners. Here is one of our claims:

Gun owner has false charges dropped

October 14, 2016 10:22 pm
    James is a licensed firearms instructor.

A disgruntled co-worker at his full-time job made false allegations regarding James to the RCMP. Relying on those allegations, the RCMP searched James’ house, seized his guns, and suspended his firearm licence.

“It was very mentally demoralizing, I was very stressed,” said James.

Luckily, James had Firearm Legal Defence. After a quick call, he had an open claim and a lawyer assigned to his case. The lawyer was able to convince the court that the allegations made by James’ co-worker were false and the investigation was not properly conducted. The court ordered a new investigation which found no basis for charges against James. James’ firearm licence was rein#stated and his guns were returned. If James didn’t have a Firearm Legal Defence policy he would be facing approxi#mately $15,000 in legal fees.

“After I opened my claim, I was contacted by Firearm Legal Defence, and after that, everything went smoothly. I didn’t have to worry at all. If this can happen to me, a firearms instructor, it can happen to anybody.”

Note: Policyholder name has been changed to protect privacy

For more info on other claims examples visit our website https://firearmlegaldefence.com/gun-storage-and-transportation/charges-dropped-against-wrongfully-accused-gun-owner/

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the example. I have Capri's legal defense. I'm hoping not to use it but it is there for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Thanks for the example. I have Capri's legal defense. I'm hoping not to use it but it is there for peace of mind.
    ^^ this, ditto.
    "If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you can better serve your country by living somewhere else." -Stompin Tom Connors

Hard times create strong men; Strong men create good times; Good times create weak men; Weak men create hard times. Steady up...

Expired Business Member
    Thank you for your support. As more and more gun owners band together we believe that we will start to see an end to frivolous charges and a start to RCMP focusing less on legal gun owners and more on the real problem, criminals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Thanks for this example. A question somewhat off topic. Can a countersue be made to the disgrunteld co-worker and the false allegations?

Isn't there a law that would get the malicious false accuser into trouble in cases like this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Ok, any other examples? We have all seen this one.

Any other search and seizure resulting in firearms ownership prohibition, say from domestic disputes?
    Any defence of charges relating to selling or buying, hunting, paperwork offences, etc?

The ones that don't have brains enough to buy the insurance are probably the ones that will need it.
    I'm going to buy a policy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    Thanks for this example. A question somewhat off topic. Can a countersue be made to the disgrunteld co-worker and the false allegations?
    Yeah! +1 on this question.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by on-ca View Post
    Isn't there a law that would get the malicious false accuser into trouble in cases like this?
    Depending on the circumstances, he could be accused of public mischief.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast