Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bulk Bullets Clearance Priced - 115 gr 9mm

Anyone had any experience with the red polymer coated 115gr projectiles ? I read some online review of other brands from US, says it is cleaner than lead and same performance as the copper plated bullet...if anyone had some experience, would be very appreciated if you can share :D thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    Anyone had any experience with the red polymer coated 115gr projectiles ? I read some online review of other brands from US, says it is cleaner than lead and same performance as the copper plated bullet...if anyone had some experience, would be very appreciated if you can share :D thanks!
    Used these last week in FNS LS. Initial load of 4.3 g Titegroup would not reliably cycle. Latest load of 4.7 Titegroup cycles well. Snappier than 124 g. POI looks very close to 124 campro. When the bullet is inserted into the case some of the coating is shaved off. This will adhere to the case side and needs removing (easy to do) to avoid feeding problems.

Quote Originally Posted by palwait View Post
    Used these last week in FNS LS. Initial load of 4.3 g Titegroup would not reliably cycle. Latest load of 4.7 Titegroup cycles well. Snappier than 124 g. POI looks very close to 124 campro. When the bullet is inserted into the case some of the coating is shaved off. This will adhere to the case side and needs removing (easy to do) to avoid feeding problems.
    Thanks you very much for the info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by palwait View Post
    When the bullet is inserted into the case some of the coating is shaved off. This will adhere to the case side and needs removing (easy to do) to avoid feeding problems.
    Need more flare on the case mouth. Not the bullet's fault.

Any idea what sort of velocity the polymer coated ones are good up to? I'm loading for a 9mm Carbine, from what I gather Hi-Tek's first formula was good for ~1500fps, the second for ~2000fps, wondering if there is a known velocity ceiling on these ones too?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Anyone order the zinc ones? how do they look? Probably going to order some.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Red Poly Coat

Received a can of 115gr Poly Coat yesterday. Made a small batch for testing and when to the range this am.

I am very impressed.
    As always, my second shot is a flyer, high to the left lol. Not counting that one, its a 3/4" group @ about 20 feet.

FYI, I used 4.2gr of D800 Powder, Dominion Arms small primer.
    Average Velocity: 1093 fps
    Standard Deviation: 8 fps

The only negative - My wife said they were cute and looked like little lipsticks - lol

Last edited by TheTexan; 06-11-2017 at 05:19 AM.

Just got back from the range shooting my new Shadow 2. I only brought a hundred of the red poly coates along with other reloads. The reds were powered by 4.7 grs of titegroup. Was not impressed with the red's one bit. Out of the hundred, only managed to put 57 down range due to the slided not going fully forward after shooting one. I figure it failed to fully slide forward a half dozen or more times. Got fustrated/PO and continued the range session with Campro's 115gr, 124gr and 147gr with no issues. I tested each of the red poly's in my gauge and for the most part everyone went in smoothly. Mind you, they weren't drop in perfect as the jacketed ones but they went in snuggly. I tried a dozen or so in the barrel of my M&P after reloading them and they seemed to drop in perfect. Didn't bother to take the M&P to the range to check the operation of the red polys in it. Hopefully there will be no issues with the M&P or the JRC. If so, Ill have 2900 red polys to get rid off.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner065 View Post
    Just got back from the range shooting my new Shadow 2. I only brought a hundred of the red poly coates along with other reloads. The reds were powered by 4.7 grs of titegroup. Was not impressed with the red's one bit. Out of the hundred, only managed to put 57 down range due to the slided not going fully forward after shooting one. I figure it failed to fully slide forward a half dozen or more times. Got fustrated/PO and continued the range session with Campro's 115gr, 124gr and 147gr with no issues. I tested each of the red poly's in my gauge and for the most part everyone went in smoothly. Mind you, they weren't drop in perfect as the jacketed ones but they went in snuggly. I tried a dozen or so in the barrel of my M&P after reloading them and they seemed to drop in perfect. Didn't bother to take the M&P to the range to check the operation of the red polys in it. Hopefully there will be no issues with the M&P or the JRC. If so, Ill have 2900 red polys to get rid off.
    What was your Over all length? I too went to the range today, but I took 200 (lol), Over All Length was 1.100. I used a CZ SP-01 Shadow 1 and got a sub 1 moa group from about 20 yards. See above post. I did have a ejection issue, several stove pipes, but it was from the same mag, so I chalked that up to a mag issue
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What was your Over all length? I too went to the range today, but I took 200 (lol), Over All Length was 1.100. I used a CZ SP-01 Shadow 1 and got a sub 1 moa group from about 20 yards. See above post. I did have a ejection issue, several stove pipes, but it was from the same mag, so I chalked that up to a mag issue
    Good shootin. My OAL was 1.12. Same as the other 115's I put down the barrel with no issues.