Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bulk Bullets Clearance Priced - 115 gr 9mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner065 View Post
    Good shootin. My OAL was 1.12. Same as the other 115's I put down the barrel with no issues.
    Good shooting? I'd say that's pretty amazing shooting. 3/4" from 20yrds... free hand or benched?

Sounds like you got to seat them a little deeper if they fail the plunk test.
    CSSA Member

I'll try'um at 1.10 as TheTexan did. Won't get near his results but having them fire correctly will be good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Good shooting? I'd say that's pretty amazing shooting. 3/4" from 20yrds... free hand or benched?
    I say that was good shooting, you all must think I am full of sh!t! It was 20 feet!! - updating my original post

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Thanks folks for the supports. We have about 1 million various 9mm bullets to list over the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
    Do you mean ammo? Because bullets are the projectiles that come out the barrel.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Do you mean ammo? Because bullets are the projectiles that come out the barrel.
    I am well aware of the correct nomenclature.

ok thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Received a can of 115gr Poly Coat yesterday. Made a small batch for testing and when to the range this am.

I am very impressed.
    As always, my second shot is a flyer, high to the left lol. Not counting that one, its a 3/4" group @ about 20 feet.

FYI, I used 4.2gr of D800 Powder, Dominion Arms small primer.
    Average Velocity: 1093 fps
    Standard Deviation: 8 fps

The only negative - My wife said they were cute and looked like little lipsticks - lol

Does the D800 powder works ok with the powder thrower? My set up is the Hornady LNL. Thanks ~~!

Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    Does the D800 powder works ok with the powder thrower? My set up is the Hornady LNL. Thanks ~~!
    This is from another thread. Someone asked me the same question, so I did 10 throws and measured each one, see my results below. I am using a lee pro 1000 that came with there auto disk power measure, which is a case activated thrower. Also I ran 200 yesterday at the range, did a crony test on 10 - the range was fairly decent . I typically use either HP38 or N320, and the range of the D800 was not that far off. So far I am very pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    OK - 1st thing, it was 4.4 gr, lee disk 0.61, (updated post), i was going from memory, which is not a good thing lol.
    I did 10 new measurements (that't not easy on a pro 1000), and I got;
    7 @ 4.4,
    1 @ 4.3,
    1 @ 4.5
    1 @ 4.6
    Then measured all 10 and I got 44.2

Here is a pic of what the powder looks like - best i can tell they are flakes at 84 thousands, they seem to be fairly uniform

Just when I bought over 1000 for 104 a great deal comes out XD. Maybe next time!

Got my first Can of the Red bullet :D. Looks cute. Good quality for the price. No problem with my bullet feeder die, and seat in my case without any issues. Haven't test it yet..But, will probably order another Can. Thanks Can ammo.