Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Star! Made in Canada, shipping starts May 15!

Delicate hands

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I see Glen is a solver of problems.
    It's because I have delicate hands. I would never make a target that might cause calluses! Oh yeah, and I'm lazy, so I always ask myself "What would a lazy guy do?"

:-)
    Glenn.

Excellent looking quality. Well done.

This is a great Unit. The club I am a member of purchased one of these units , Actually the first one shipped! It is simply awesome , excellent build quality and a very well put together kit. Assembly took about 20 mins as i was by myself putting it together. I also got to be the first one shooting it which is why I volunteered. I really like how if desired it can be folded up to haul or for storage. The paddles work very well and stay in the retainers until you hit them. This is a very effective target that is built to last and will give years of enjoyment. I have to add that the shipping packaging was second to none, and there were also a few bonuses in the box. Keep up the excellent work, Do you guys make dueling trees?

Quote Originally Posted by nickvaselino View Post
    This is a great Unit. The club I am a member of purchased one of these units , Actually the first one shipped! It is simply awesome , excellent build quality and a very well put together kit. Assembly took about 20 mins as i was by myself putting it together. I also got to be the first one shooting it which is why I volunteered. I really like how if desired it can be folded up to haul or for storage. The paddles work very well and stay in the retainers until you hit them. This is a very effective target that is built to last and will give years of enjoyment. I have to add that the shipping packaging was second to none, and there were also a few bonuses in the box. Keep up the excellent work, Do you guys make dueling trees?
    Thanks for your kind words; the Texas Star was a big project and demand has been surprising. I have prototype dueling trees being tested right now, but the shop is so busy I don't know when we will add them to the website. I'll be sure to send you a PM when they are ready to be released.
    Glenn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Don't these auto reset?
    Shoot the top ones and it rotates and resets at the bottom?
    Maybe not I am probably thinking of a different design
    Quote Originally Posted by Range Rabbit View Post
    That's a cool idea, Sleeper!
    I built this to be USPSA compliant; I think the plate needs to fall off to score. Also, the spin is created by the change in center of gravity. Could do a motorized version, though... hmmmm.
    Glenn.
    I don't think it would have to be motorized, just have a hinge so when you hit the plate it would fall back to 90° (or 180° depending on how it reset), the star would then spin and the open plates being heavier than the now flipped plate would rotate it.

The trick would be coming up with something to reset them, either a counterweight on the end of the plate lever that was heavier than the plate itself to make it rotate down and reset by gravity, or some sort of wedge/ramp that would stand it back up at the top of the circle when it spun past.

I think the wedge/ramp at the top to reset the plate as it spins by gravity would probably be the simplest, have one on each side and it could spin either way depending on which plate you hit.

Well done!
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12