Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The holy Grayl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Thats great to hear!!!
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Regular
    so after 300 uses you just replace the filter? any sort of maintenance with anything? do you sell replacement filters for it? I see on the website you have gray g3 plus replacement filter but it doesn't show the cup. Do you have to buy the cup separately?
    Last edited by upinsmokeweldinginc; 05-24-2017 at 10:12 AM.

so after 300 uses you just replace the filter?
    Yup

any sort of maintenance with anything?
    I dust off my lid cause it sit's in the truck.

do you sell replacement filters for it?
    Yup

I see on the website you have gray g3 plus replacement filter but it doesn't show the cup. Do you have to buy the cup separately?
    The Grayl itself comes with a filter already. Once you buy it you're good to go for most traveling.

If you are going to Bangladesh, then buy a Purifying filter to replace your filter. Extra protection.

If you want to use it just in the house, there is a tap water filter available.

CGN Regular
    when are you getting more ultralight purifiers in?

Probably have more back in stock next week

CGN Regular
    Hmm, this looks pretty interesting. Might have to get it for my backpacking trip around Jasper in July.

While bacteria may be removed efficiently through filtration, viruses are not. Virus cannot be filtered out. They can only be inactivated or destroyed through ultra violet light or chemical disinfection. This filter would be a nice combination with a small dropper of household bleach to finalize the treatment of the water. There are easy online calculators you can use to determine a rough dose for your water container size.

Quote Originally Posted by pedja View Post
    What's the difference with lightweight edition?
    its lighter

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    One of my favorite pieces of kit.

The Grayl water filter. Found here on the website

Advanced Filter Technology - Beautifully Designed Incorporates sleek design, an innovative mechanism and the advanced G3+TM filtration technology.

Built with 18/8 Stainless Steel so it's stylish enough for the office and rugged enough for the outdoors.

Comes with the G3+TM Filter, which is effective against many metals and chemicals common in tap water, and removes 99.99% of bacteria. Purifier sold separately.

Drink FreelyTM Features: · Innovative fill, press, drink mechanism filters great tasting water, fast and easy without sucking, squeezing or waiting. ·

G3+ Filtration Technology - three advanced filtration technologies in one · Fast flow rate - 16oz (500ml) in 15 seconds · Replaceable G3+ Filter lasts 300 uses (40gal - 150L) ·

Materials - 18/8 Stainless Steel and food-grade silicone are extremely durable · Fits in a car cup holder · Sealing flip lid · Drink through the flip lid, guzzle without a lid, or seal cup for later. ·

Tested according to NSF/ANSI 42 and 53 G3+ Filtration Technology:

Three levels of protection ·

G1 - Triple charged ion mesh captures germs (bacteria) while allowing water to flow through fast ·
    G2 - Ultra-powdered activated carbon (natural coconut) filters odor and flavor, many industrial and pharmaceutical chemicals, and many heavy metals. ·
    G3 - GRAYL's antimicrobial agent keeps the filter fresh between uses
    Specs: · Liquid Capacity: 16oz (500ml) per use ·

Used it again this weekend drinking from puddles to show the kids how it works.

Could you please clarify difference between filter and purifier? thanks!
    big bear

I always suggest the filter for North America and similar and the purifier for 3rd world countries.

The Purifier does viriuses like Hepatitis A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12