Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

I got lucky bought 1911 off EE called it in on the July 24 > got my notification of transfer via email on July 28 ON>ON

*adding an email when you call for transfer notification helps *
    Last edited by j2kool; 08-24-2017 at 08:25 PM.

3 weeks that would suck.9 Out of 10 off all my transfers are done in the same day.i nother reason to love Saskatchewan.

Ok so I bought a hi point .40 JCP, ya I know, ugliest pistols ever made, but after watching countless YouTube reviews and torture tests I couldn't resist, after all I'm all about budget priced pistols. Sfrc seemed to be the only one in Canada with them is stock so for $315 taxes in, I picked one up. Now for the surprising part, I bought it online August 2nd and got shipping confirmation August 11th! Wow 8 business days! Ontario must have really got there act together cause that's a big difference from two months ago! I'm picking it up today, it's my ninth pistol.. I think odd numbers are unlucky so I suppose I should start shopping for number 10

That is still too long, especially since the transfer is through a dealer. I just had a transfer approved in 4 business days and that was a private ON to ON transfer. Should be instant as soon as both parties call in and complete the transfer but we can only wish. Your delay was probably due to the fact that SFRC is currently very busy.

Can I call the CFP to inquire about my transfer using just a RPAL OR do I need a reference# from the seller

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller762 View Post
    Can I call the CFP to inquire about my transfer using just a RPAL OR do I need a reference# from the seller
    They will first ask you for the transfer reference number. THey might be able to search without one, but if its a legit transfer it shouldn't be hard to get the transfer number. If the seller didn't get it, he can call back and get it in a few minutes with the registration certificate number of the firearm being transferred.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Last gun I sold to ontario, it took 4.5 weeks to be approved.

Crack a beer and wait is my suggestion. Called in twice a week to just be told "it's in the queue".
    Just some random gun toting weeb in Alberta.

Disclaimer: All deposits taken on anything I sell on the EE are non refundable unless otherwise explicitly agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    That is still too long, especially since the transfer is through a dealer. I just had a transfer approved in 4 business days and that was a private ON to ON transfer. Should be instant as soon as both parties call in and complete the transfer but we can only wish. Your delay was probably due to the fact that SFRC is currently very busy.
    Wow that's really fast! I've bought ten pistols this year (nine I still own) and 8 business days has been the fastest yet for me

I thought it was since everyone is complaining about the ON delays lately. Maybe due to people off on vacation? We will see if it was a fluke, the transfer for a stripped lower was initiated today.

My transfer was initiated on the 9th. I called yesterday to add email for notification of transfer and was told it's just a waiting game from here. Last one took about 16 days to my door.