Page 54 of 128 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455565758596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam1936 View Post
    Ontario wait times are ridiculous. You guys need to speak with an ombudsman.

Just did one in Alberta. Called in yesterday morning, got the approval in my email about 27 hours later.
    Ombudsman’s office is closed due to COVID
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Purchased March 16 in Ontario still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by razor_tail View Post
    Purchased March 16 in Ontario still waiting
    Give the CFO-ON a call tomorrow morning and ask them the status of your transfer. When I called them to check the status of mine the other day they told me that they were right in the middle of processing transfers that had been initiated on March 17.

Sigh...made a purchase March 25. Still waiting. Ironic....wasn't for the quarantine I'd never have been bored enough to get around to buying one, but at same time it's causing this crazy delay.

CGN Regular
    When it says "new restricted", what do you guys mean? I had a few restricted firearms up until about 8 years ago, then sold everything and continued renewing my license. Now I have more time and I'm getting back into the hobby and ordered one in April. Am I in the position of waiting for a "new restricted", or not?

Quote Originally Posted by corsara View Post
    When it says "new restricted", what do you guys mean? I had a few restricted firearms up until about 8 years ago, then sold everything and continued renewing my license. Now I have more time and I'm getting back into the hobby and ordered one in April. Am I in the position of waiting for a "new restricted", or not?
    I think here we are talking about "new wait time".
    The reason for thread is Ontario transfer times are somewhat between 2 weeks to 3 months, so everyone sharing their recent experiences to make us less confused about how cfo are doing their job.

CGN Regular
    Was told my transfer is now with the registry in Ottawa. This is now at 8 weeks, and was for a firearm that is now prohibited.

Yesterday I was told they were working on transfers from March 18 which will put probably mean my transfer will take 8 weeks. They apparently are not working from home like most of the provincial government. As long as the ranges are closed I guess it doesnt matter as much... but still. Even when it was BC (before covid) the transfer times were bad. The last one I did I contacted the ombudsmen, CFO and my MPP at the 5 week mark. I had 3 transfers in process at the time. I was told they would do them 1 by 1 but magically they were all completed together. Not sure that would work right now.

The Ombudsmen and the CFO stated they are aware that the transfer times are not acceptable. As far as I can tell nothing has changed. Maybe if the ombudsmen gets 1000s of complaints maybe something will change... but I do suspect that nothing will matter until people are fully back at work. By the sounds of things here in Ontario that may be a while from now. I certainly dont expect to be back in the office for a while. Maybe 2021 will be the year of reasonable transfer times in Ontario??
    If you want to know how much you'll be missed when you are gone, put your finger in a bucket of water and then remove it. The hole that's left will be how much you are missed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikereimann View Post
    Yesterday I was told they were working on transfers from March 18 which will put probably mean my transfer will take 8 weeks. They apparently are not working from home like most of the provincial government. As long as the ranges are closed I guess it doesnt matter as much... but still. Even when it was BC (before covid) the transfer times were bad. The last one I did I contacted the ombudsmen, CFO and my MPP at the 5 week mark. I had 3 transfers in process at the time. I was told they would do them 1 by 1 but magically they were all completed together. Not sure that would work right now.

The Ombudsmen and the CFO stated they are aware that the transfer times are not acceptable. As far as I can tell nothing has changed. Maybe if the ombudsmen gets 1000s of complaints maybe something will change... but I do suspect that nothing will matter until people are fully back at work. By the sounds of things here in Ontario that may be a while from now. I certainly dont expect to be back in the office for a while. Maybe 2021 will be the year of reasonable transfer times in Ontario??
    Filed a complaint online with our ombudsman yesterday. I would urge everyone else waiting in Ontario to do the same. Takes 5 mins.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Was told on April 29 they were on march15th tranfers 2 weeks to get 3 days nice, was waiting for mine march 26th and delayed buying an upper for my first build until it cleared, frustrating should have had it long before the may 1st bs