Page 82 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777879808182838485868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    The private one I made between Christmas and New Years will probably be a while if they were already 3-4 weeks behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    Well I stand corrected. I initiated one as a buyer for a private sale from BC to Ontario. Called Dec 30 and I was just sent the approval Jan 6/2022. If you take out the weekend and holiday Monday it was completed in 2.5 days. Time to go and buy a lotto ticket.
    No such luck for me. A private sale during the same week.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Store purchases are typically prioritized (which is confirmed by CFP), the urban legend is first restricted transfer takes extra long
    how long is 'extra long'? a friend of mine had his restricted transfer (from business) back in July, it took some 3 weeks

Transfer received: December 29th 2021
    Transfer Completed: January 13th 2022

Transfer received: March 7th 2022
    Pending Completion
    Rifle is fine

I got my transfer at the beginning of March. Got my new Rpal from New Brunswick. But I'm still waiting on the paper registration in the mail from the Ontario CFO. Hopefully any day now. I want to hit the range.

When did you first initiate the transfer?
    Rifle is fine

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    I got my transfer at the beginning of March. Got my new Rpal from New Brunswick. But I'm still waiting on the paper registration in the mail from the Ontario CFO. Hopefully any day now. I want to hit the range.
    firearms' registration certificates are not coming from the Ontario CFO ... they are printed at CFP, Miramichi, NB, (just like R/PALs) usually next week after CFO granted a transfer approval ..
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    firearms' registration certificates are not coming from the Ontario CFO ... they are printed at CFP, Miramichi, NB, (just like R/PALs) usually next week after CFO granted a transfer approval ..
    Good to know. This is my first restricted. I received the transfer and my new Rpal. I'm guessing the registration comes separate envelope from the new Rpal card?
    My transfer was sent be email.

Timeline Feb 13th to March 2nd. Purchased from Ontario business

Bought my first restricted through an online retailer March 01 2022, still waiting for approval as of March 16 2022. The wait sucks! I acquired my range membership but no gun to bring and shoot. Fingers crossed that my transfer gets approved soon. How long do I have to wait for my ATT once my gun arrives at my door via UPS in order to bring it to the range?

Edit: Bought online 2022.03.01, got my transfer approved 2022-03-18.
    Last edited by Marco96; 03-18-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco96 View Post
    Bought my first restricted through an online retailer March 01 2022, still waiting for approval as of March 16 2022. The wait sucks! I acquired my range membership but no gun to bring and shoot. Fingers crossed that my transfer gets approved soon. How long do I have to wait for my ATT once my gun arrives at my door via UPS in order to bring it to the range?
    I waited about a week and a bit after I bought my first R for an ATT.
    Last edited by Artyom Kvasov; 03-16-2022 at 07:47 PM. Reason: clarification
    Rifle is fine