Page 8 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

Here in Ontario for my first restricted (private sale) I applied on December 1st and was approved January 10. It was brutal waiting that long! Good luck everyone waiting!

My last firearm, purchased in December took thirteen business days for the transfer to be approved.

In November, with my newly issued PAL; the transfer took nine business days.

I've made a complaint with the Provincial Ombudsperson.
    After contacting me for discussion, the Ombusperson is consulting with their colleagues and will contact me again with answers.

I recommend that residents of Ontario complain to the Ombusperson. I can't tell you what to grieve; stick to the facts pertaining to the CFO's: mandate, scope, productivity, transparency and ability to serve Ontarians. Furthermore, federal implementation of the Firearms Act by Ontario must be reasonably consistent with the best level of service in other provinces/territories.

As long as your complaint isn't frivolous and vexatuous; the Ombudsperson will investigate and monitor relevant complaints against the CFO. I'm uncertain if the Ombudsperson has regulatory or enforcement powers; however that shouldn't stop you from demanding accountability.

I've never had a tranfer take less than 9 business days, I don't even stress about it now. Bought my 10th restricted from tenda Dec 31st 2017 (chrome np29) transfer came yesterday Jan 22nd. I wait a month now before I even bother calling.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paulinski's Avatar
    I'm waiting from Dec 29th
    CSSA and CCFR Member...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Bought a p210-1 on Jan 28th... let's see if it's better than the last couple of months...
    'nada

Initiated a transfer on Mar 2nd. Will keep updated.

Bought new from Bullseye 2 weeks ago, when I called was told 3 - 4 weeks backlog
    "The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished."

My wife bought her first two restricted pistols from Sports Action in Ottawa. Lady from the store called to come and pick them up today. 23 days from a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by bexan View Post
    My wife bought her first two restricted pistols from Sports Action in Ottawa. Lady from the store called to come and pick them up today. 23 days from a dealer.
    Is that 23 business days or 23 days total?

Quote Originally Posted by PDX View Post
    My last firearm, purchased in December took thirteen business days for the transfer to be approved.

In November, with my newly issued PAL; the transfer took nine business days.

I've made a complaint with the Provincial Ombudsperson.
    After contacting me for discussion, the Ombusperson is consulting with their colleagues and will contact me again with answers.

I recommend that residents of Ontario complain to the Ombusperson. I can't tell you what to grieve; stick to the facts pertaining to the CFO's: mandate, scope, productivity, transparency and ability to serve Ontarians. Furthermore, federal implementation of the Firearms Act by Ontario must be reasonably consistent with the best level of service in other provinces/territories.

As long as your complaint isn't frivolous and vexatuous; the Ombudsperson will investigate and monitor relevant complaints against the CFO. I'm uncertain if the Ombudsperson has regulatory or enforcement powers; however that shouldn't stop you from demanding accountability.
    How did you word your complaint?
    Maybe if we formulate a standard complaint that focuses on the wait times, something would be done about it. More complaints = better chance that the problem will Be adressed for good. That’s how we adress complaints to our MPs when we have a problem; someone writes a fancy letter and everyone copies it and sends it in.