Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ... 70808283848586878889909192939495969798100110 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    March 25 from Site Sponsor , ONT/ONT

Made my first purchase on April 7 of two pistols, a nine mil Girsan and a Soviet Tokarev from my local gun shop. From what I read on here I may be looking at another two weeks or so for approval… ugh. Noob question here, I was told by the gun shop upon email approval I can go get the guns and take them home then wait for paperwork in the mail until I can go to the range? Is that accurate ? Also they told me my license will be re issued with the last digit up one number??? Does this sound right to anyone? Lastly I’m new to this site love it’s volume of like minded knowledge can I assume the shops listed at the top of the homepage are well vetted and reliable? Tia.

Quote Originally Posted by Yug Emanon View Post
    Made my first purchase on April 7 of two pistols, a nine mil Girsan and a Soviet Tokarev from my local gun shop. From what I read on here I may be looking at another two weeks or so for approval… ugh. Noob question here, I was told by the gun shop upon email approval I can go get the guns and take them home then wait for paperwork in the mail until I can go to the range? Is that accurate ? Also they told me my license will be re issued with the last digit up one number??? Does this sound right to anyone? Lastly I’m new to this site love it’s volume of like minded knowledge can I assume the shops listed at the top of the homepage are well vetted as reliable? Tia.
    When the transfer is completed you can get your babies home, BUT must wait for the certificates arrive to be able to get them to the range... unfortunately.

April 1st; Transfer initiated using their online portal (business to private)
    Still waiting, called each week, no updates. so 4 full weeks so far, left my email to get the transfer, but assuming thats just a tactic to get someone off the phone.

Hoping next week sometime.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Wish you people kind would stop calling and distracting them so they could get mine done !

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    Wish you people kind would stop calling and distracting them so they could get mine done !
    I don't think the people who are answering the phone are the ones doing the transfers/certs lol

Quote Originally Posted by DoinksAhoy View Post
    I don't think the people who are answering the phone are the ones doing the transfers/certs lol
    I suspect they might be. I had an experience.
    Once I called to complain a month-long waiting for transfer (when at that average transfer in ON from business to personal was about 2 weeks). The lady who answered the phone told me to hold on while she was checking/assigning my case to a firearm officer, and a few minutes later the transfer email arrived when we were still on the phone and she told me I should see it.
    that let me pretty much sure she was the one who actually processed it.

Any one has the transfer done from April yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aws kazzazi View Post
    Any one has the transfer done from April yet ?
    Yup initiated April 1st and mine was approved yesterday
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Quote Originally Posted by BorderWatch93 View Post
    Yup initiated April 1st and mine was approved yesterday
    Ok good to know
    Mine April 5th so maybe next week or so