Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

Quote Originally Posted by PixInTheSix View Post
    I'm at the mercy of the FSESO. There's seemingly no way to call and speak live to a person; you have to leave a voicemail and they'll return your call in 24-48 hours. Seeing tomorrow is a statutory holiday, I'm reasonably confident I'll hear from no one until mid-next week now.
    Keep us posted. Never heard of such a thing happening. Must be a lot of pissed students!! Where did you take your course if you don't mind me asking?

For the moment I'll keep where the training was facilitated and who the actual instructor was to myself until I have some more information. I will say that I took the two CFSC/CRFSC programs together over three days November 1-3, 2021. My RPAL was issued March 4, 2022 and I have since purchased ammunition at two different retailers, a restricted firearm at a third and have joined a range east of Toronto, all of which required verification of my license, and did not have any issues whatsoever until today.

I spoke with the CFO-ON on Friday April 8 and was told on that date that they were processing transfers from March 14/15 and that it would likely be completed by Monday or Tuesday of this week. I sent an email late Tuesday night having not seen anything and the reply I received at 7:52 Wednesday morning simply said, "Your transfer is with the CFO pending review. You will be notified via email upon approval," and I called again today hoping beyond reasonable hope that it would be approved while I was on the phone and I could pick it up today and install some of the aftermarket bit & pieces I've purchased over the long weekend while I wait for the registration certificate to show up in the mail.

I don't know about the other 20-odd folks who were in the courses with me, but I know I'm not the happiest camper in the drum circle!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
    Keep us posted. Never heard of such a thing happening. Must be a lot of pissed students!! Where did you take your course if you don't mind me asking?

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    What's going on with the Ontario CFO? Can't get through on the phone & emails go unanswered.
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

On week 2 of waiting for my restricted purchase in Ontario.

This is rough, man. I knew buying guns is rough, but why do they gotta make it so rough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoinksAhoy View Post
    On week 2 of waiting for my restricted purchase in Ontario.

This is rough, man. I knew buying guns is rough, but why do they gotta make it so rough.

Did you got the email from the cfo
    Or you still waiting
    I purchased 2 handguns on the 5th April
    Still no thing

March 24th initiated... still waiting. Called yesterday, Ontario is backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aws kazzazi View Post
    Did you got the email from the cfo
    Or you still waiting
    I purchased 2 handguns on the 5th April
    Still no thing

Nah, just Marstar telling me they started the transfer. It's down to the CFO now...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Sheesh. They really need to hire more people, or something. Nobody should be waiting a FULL MONTH for just a transfer.
    Not sure if it's worth the trade off of not needing to belong to a gun club.

6-8 weeks for ON is the official estimate I got from the CFP

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Weird, their system doesn't make sense. Mine was initiated on Mar 23 & was approved on April 14. ON to ON Still waiting for my slip in the mail though.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMarksman View Post
    6-8 weeks for ON is the official estimate I got from the CFP
    I was told 4-5 weeks just a week ago lmao.
    These guys are slacking hard.