Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Ok so I bought a hi point .40 JCP, ya I know, ugliest pistols ever made, but after watching countless YouTube reviews and torture tests I couldn't resist, after all I'm all about budget priced pistols. Sfrc seemed to be the only one in Canada with them is stock so for $315 taxes in, I picked one up. Now for the surprising part, I bought it online August 2nd and got shipping confirmation August 11th! Wow 8 business days! Ontario must have really got there act together cause that's a big difference from two months ago! I'm picking it up today, it's my ninth pistol.. I think odd numbers are unlucky so I suppose I should start shopping for number 10

They are getting caught up. A month ago it was pushing 4 weeks for transfers.

Ryan

Thanks for this thread - it's been helpful to know that my experience is not unusual.

I took my course in August 2016, and received my RPAL about 4 months later. After becoming a member of TSC, I've had the opportunity to use some of their range firearms which helped inform my decision in what to buy.

Last week, I went to a local retailer (in GTA) and made my first purchase. Needless to say I'm anxious to take my own firearm to the range.

Anyone have recent experience in Sask? Paid for my first handgun this last Sunday and the bugger salesman told me transfer would be done Monday. I called and told them I would like the tranfer emailed, then I called the Sask CFO and emailed my range membership but they didn't tell me anything.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Started one yesterday, private Ont to Ont so let's see.

Bought one on 9/21 from a retail store, have yet received any call from the shop. Will update once it's approved and ready for me to pick up!

All four of my transfers are now complete.
    #1 took 11 business days
    #4 took 12 business days
    #2 and#3 took 15 business days
    Proud CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    I'd say 2-3 weeks. It took 12 days for my M&P40 to clear.

The 10% off all firearms craze in the Cabela's Ottawa 2 week ends ago might have slowed down Ontario transfers

Quote Originally Posted by zxc20100123 View Post
    Bought one on 9/21 from a retail store, have yet received any call from the shop. Will update once it's approved and ready for me to pick up!
    I'm still waiting for my 226 to clear from Cabela's, 'purchased' on 11 Sep in store....
    'nada

I ordered an x6 from Crafm on Sept 12 , when I called the Ontario CFO yesterday they informed me that it was not even assigned to anyone yet and that she is assigning to someone as we speak. I am curious to see how long it will take from here

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    I'd say 2-3 weeks. It took 12 days for my M&P40 to clear.

The 10% off all firearms craze in the Cabela's Ottawa 2 week ends ago might have slowed down Ontario transfers

I'm still waiting for my 226 to clear from Cabela's, 'purchased' on 11 Sep in store....
    Did they file the transfer immediately?

I purchased mine at Tenda Canada, they did it right away but I'm still waiting tho
    I should prolly call CFO to make sure everything goes through and also "speed it up!"

It's been 14 business days from my purchase still waiting