Page 34 of 128 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

so did my 3rd poke today... Pleasantly an officer advised me it hasn't been approved yet. lol. Ya, tell me something i dont know please?

She couldn't and said she would put me through to the province. So i waited and discussed with her.
    She was able to provide me with some actual useful information.

"We are currently acting on transfer requests that were put through on the 15th of October. My best guess is yours will be assigned in the next day or two". Thank you i said politely and then inquired, generally how long it takes after assignment. "A day or two at that point". Signed up for email notifications.

SO anyone who is awaiting a transfer that was put through on the 15th of October. . . looks like your time is coming real soon unless she blatantly lied to me. WHich is also not entirely out of the question - or she's simply kept in the dark about what is really happening.
    Last edited by bruinstalker; 11-12-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
    Oct 12 still waiting
    as i just scribed up there .... they should be on the 15th of October. . . did you receive your transfer approval?

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeo View Post
    Just an update... I have one that's been 14 business days and still waiting.
    anything on this?

deleted.
    Last edited by bruinstalker; 11-12-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinstalker View Post
    so did my 3rd poke today... Pleasantly an officer advised me it hasn't been approved yet. lol. Ya, tell me something i dont know please?

She couldn't and said she would put me through to the province. So i waited and discussed with her.
    She was able to provide me with some actual useful information.

"We are currently acting on transfer requests that were put through on the 15th of October. My best guess is yours will be assigned in the next day or two". Thank you i said politely and then inquired, generally how long it takes after assignment. "A day or two at that point". Signed up for email notifications.

SO anyone who is awaiting a transfer that was put through on the 15th of October. . . looks like your time is coming real soon unless she blatantly lied to me. WHich is also not entirely out of the question - or she's simply kept in the dark about what is really happening.
    Ugh. I called 15 days ago and was informed they were processing transfers initiated on the 7th.
    They need to speed things up!

it'd be nice if members here would chime in and close off the loop they started to see if they actually have processed transfer up to and including the 15th of October so we know they at least are not bold faced lies being sold to us.

you figure in a time like right now, the turmoil and context surrounding it that members would be on top of this thread because November 20th is a special day, and it's right around the corner.

October 9 - November 7

At this rate Christmas orders will need to go in next week to arrive in time for the holidays!

CGN Regular
    I put a transfer through on October 10th. Received my email notification that it went through yesterday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I phoned and once the first person couldn't help me I transferred over to the Ontario CFO. After calling no less then 30 times (as the line isn't set up for waiting), I managed to get into line. After waiting another 10 or so minutes, the lady told me that after four weeks tomorrow (yesterday), I should be getting my transfer. If this is the case - it is taking four weeks to get approval. What a load of crap when less then 3 month ago it was four days.

CGN Regular
    I sent an email to see to the org to see if they can help and can get any more info last week. Got the reply today.

Here is the information we sent to members regarding the Ontario CFO backlog.

Alison

Dear CSAAA Members,

We have received calls from a number of members reporting above average wait times on restricted transfer requests at the Ontario CFO.# Here is the update we received.

The Ontario CFO has been experiencing staffing issues relative to the ongoing volume of requests which they hope to have resolved shortly.# In the meantime, the office will be focusing on transfers only for the next two Wednesdays (including today).# They will receive support from CPS#with call routing and focus their staff on transfer completion. Ontario CFO Supt. Dwight Peers assures business members this will go a long way to alleviate#the present backlog.

We are working closely with Supt. Peers and will keep you posted as needed.# Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.##

Alison de Groot

Managing Director

Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA)