Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

Purchased on October 9. Transfer complete Nov 13 Got the call today

got mine through tonight. It's at least good to know they are not feeding any lies. Their updates are what they are....

So to close my loop - Transfer request put in October 18th - November 13th it was received. Now off to Silverdale in the upcoming weekends (Orientation for membership Nov. 23rd!)

CGN Regular
    started on oct 6th. approved today nov. 14th

How Dare They!

Oct. 26 - Nov. 18
    16 business days
    Ontario transfer from dealer

Update:

I'm at 5 weeks today...talked to the ombudsmen's office. Nice chat, along with others he also said he was going to look into 'why'. I told him about our list here and he requested the forum link..so I would imagine he is seeing all our concerns.

**Update**

Apparently transfer was approved on Nov 15, and "this is the 3rd time were sending you the approval to your emails" was said. Finally got it while on the phone with the CFO - neither me or the seller received emails prior to me talking to them...

So I guess, Oct 17 - Nov 15...but more like Nov 21..
    Last edited by InkednBlood; 11-21-2019 at 04:11 PM.

CGN Regular
    Initiated transfer 18 Nov. Edited 29 Dec 2019, received the completed transfer Ont to Ont 20 Dec. Wow it use to take only 4 or 5 days. Elect a clown expect a circus. Peerless.
    Last edited by Peerless; 12-29-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Initiated transfer on October 21st (private transfer), called to see what would be causing the holdup. A very pleasant lady told me that they are behind, by what I understood to be weeks (business weeks). Emailed Ontario ombudsmen to inform them that the wait is becoming far too long, not to complain about CFO workers because they are quite helpful every time I call, but to at least allow an outside agency know what is going on. Was called back by ombudsmen for additional information so they could actually look into the issue at hand. Still waiting, will update when transfer goes through.

UPDATE:

Contacted CFO 11/22/2019 office this morning, was told that my transfer has been assigned. So hopefully my next update will be that of good news.

UPDATE:

Received transfer email this morning. From my understanding the cause for delays had been from lack of staff due to illness.
    Last edited by DragonSpyre; 11-25-2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Update

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpyre View Post
    Initiated transfer on October 21st (private transfer), called to see what would be causing the holdup. A very pleasant lady told me that they are behind, by what I understood to be weeks (business weeks). Emailed Ontario ombudsmen to inform them that the wait is becoming far too long, not to complain about CFO workers because they are quite helpful every time I call, but to at least allow an outside agency know what is going on. Was called back by ombudsmen for additional information so they could actually look into the issue at hand. Still waiting, will update when transfer goes through.
    This is what I did and I also got a response. Spoke to them for over 20 minutes about my concerns and kept it concise and to the point. He listened and said he would keep my updated on the matter.

CGN frequent flyer
    Oct 23rd to November 20th , private from Quebec to ontario

Submitted October 28 - transfer completed 20 November. Purchased from a dealer here in Ontario.

NB: CFO confirmed my email address on three separate occasions and no email was sent to me regarding the transfer going through. It was the dealer that actually called me to let me know the transfer went through.

I can’t even imagine what Black Friday and Xmas sales will do for transfer waiting times...