Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

My transfers commercial and private are quick for BC. ON is taking weeks.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mike445 View Post
    TSC? I spend a LOT of time there. 😂
    Mike C.
    Not sure what TSC is? Just a coincidence, I guess. Someone I was talking to, in store was waiting for their transfer for an M&P45 and GSG-22 yesterday.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpi View Post
    Not sure what TSC is? Just a coincidence, I guess. Someone I was talking to, in store was waiting for their transfer for an M&P45 and GSG-22 yesterday.
    TSC = Target Sports Canada. That's where my range membership is and they have an awesome retail area too. I got my 9mm S&W today. I'm still waiting on the M&P 45, the S&W 629, the GSG 1911-22 and now the S&W 500 Magnum that I bought this morning. I'm done buying now. 😂😂😂 I got what I wanted before the UN marking is implemented.
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.
    Proud owner of a S&W 500, S&W 460V, and a S&W 629...yes I love my wheelguns.

Quote Originally Posted by sunjeep24 View Post
    If i buy from a store. Seems to be 3-5 days. Private sale tends to take 2-weeks.. its all over the map when it comes to transfers. My 1st purchase many years ago took the longest at 3 weeks.
    Latest business transaction took 10 days for approval. 3-5 days is unheard of.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

I have bought three this month. None of the transfers have come in yet and the first of those was on the 9th today being the 26th. I called tradex to inquire about the wait and he told me Ontario never usually takes this long and I should probably call. So I called just to be told everything was fine just CFO had not yet looked at or approved it and they were very busy right now, so I guess I'll wait till next week, than maybe I'll poke the bear again. I've got five restricted already and up until now the longest wait time was 11 business days which I thought was crazy, but obviously Ontario is slacking big time atm, and honestly I doubt they really care.

I sell my stuff to ontario quite often, shortest transfer was 2 weeks. Longest was a month and a half. I feel bad for you guys. Here in Alberta they are approved in less than 24 hours usually.
    Just some random gun toting weeb in Alberta.

Disclaimer: All deposits taken on anything I sell on the EE are non refundable unless otherwise explicitly agreed.

Any updates?

I've received the ones I bought in May, they took over a month, I spoke with a girl from Ontario cfo office who informed me they have people on maternity leave and vacation and as a result are way behind. That being said I traded one my star super B's for a norinco m1911a .45 early June, that transfer took 23 days. From what I've heard that's the average right now

I spoke the the CFO office a few weeks ago because I renewed my RPAL a few weeks ago and was concerned something might hold it up. There were several reason I did it online and the best photo I could get was about 20 KB smaller then what they said, as well I had just joined a club and I had also be laid off of my job 8 months earlier and they do not have a place to mark that you are working again.

Anyways I first called the RCMP and they looked it up and said they didn't see any issues and that it was with the Ontario CFO. So I said I would like to speak to the CFO office, I was told they were very busy and had a large back log. I said I would like to check with them to make sure there were no issues (This is why a renew 4 - 6 months early). They put me through to the CFO and I spoke to a women there I explained the situation and she looked up my file and said there were no issues that it just needed to be mailed to me. Well 3 days later it shows up in the mail.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

I'm the seller in Ontario and buyer in B.C. restricted transfer. Two days later I received notification of transfer complete.This was last week . That is a new record...previous best was seven day Ontario to Ontario transfer a couple of years ago.