Page 36 of 128 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    686 revolver ordered nov.1 and I just got the call today nov.21. Ontario

Oh my. Reading these waiting times really just threw me back, i did not expect it to still be that long. Back @ Taccom it took 2 weeks for it to go through. Whaaaa...
    Ontario - Ordered: Nov 18th

CGN Regular
    Transfer started Nov 6th. Nov 26 got a call from the Guns store to pick up so I have it in hands. (So 21 days for a transfer. All of our complaints to Ombudsman have helped a bit) they have shrunk the pile down 2 weeks so far.

Regardless those dolts at CFO Ontario still have not emailed me the paperwork for the transfer, they claim its all "automated". They are aware to send me the email as I called twice to check on the transfer and they validated that It in their system would be sent an Email as soon as its ready.
    There processing and organizational skills are the reason they can't get anything done efficiently. If it wasn't for the Gun store calling to let me know I would still be waiting. The exact same thing happened with a private transfer I just did. After 5 weeks of waiting for the transfer I got the email for the approval, called the buyer and let him know he can pick up his gun. The buyer never did not get any email or notification from CFO and they had his Email as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Interestingly we are now within the window that transfers initiated today will not be processed until after Dec 6th...
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Regular
    Waiting on a transfer completed November 5th...

Anyone has an AR go through recently?

Just got the transfer completed notice , ON to ON, Business to me, handgun/

Nov 11 started
    Nov 27 Finished.
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

Made an account to chime in on the wait time. Purchased my first restricted from a business on Nov 16. Got a call today, it is ready for pickup. 16 days in total.
    Last edited by hhjoltisy; 12-07-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Waiting on a transfer completed November 5th...

Anyone has an AR go through recently?
    Transfer of Stripped Lower to my son initiated Nov. 12
    Nothing yet.
    “You can ignore the reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring that reality.” ~Ayn Rand
    "Life is so short and then we are dead for an extraordinarily long time. Treat yourself to some shooting joy." Best, dipnet

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by pilon View Post
    Transfer of Stripped Lower to my son initiated Nov. 12
    Nothing yet.
    I just received confirmation for one today - started 3 Nov, I reckon you'll see yours in a week and a bit.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

if you plan on ordering any AR15s now... good luck.

They may not explicitly state you cannot do it (legally) but expect a huge delay while Billy Bob comes up with his "naughty list". Or, a critical mind can simplythink they'll rush those AR sales and transfers to keep the economy rolling.

I initiated a transfer yesterday. Hand gun. It seems since my last transfer approval a few weeks back. . . things have sped up. Let's see how long this one takes.