Page 1 of 128 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

Question ONT New restricted transfer wait times??

HI! I purchased my first 4 restricted firearms over the past few couple weeks and so far no transfers have been approved as of yet. I am a member at a range (not that it matters in ONT). My first order consisted of a S&W M&P 45 and a S&W 629 44 magnum. I ordered a S&W SD9VE 9mm from another store the same day. Those transfers were all started on Monday April 24. So far nothing has happened. I've called both retail locations to make sure all is well. I purchased firearm number 4 from my range (GSG 1911-22) on May 6. I wanted to buy the firearms before the UN marking crap comes into play. I have talked to a couple other people in Ontario who have had their license for years and have several restricted firearms already and they too have been waiting for a couple weeks with no transfer confirmations. Can anyone else in Ontario confirm this is the case over the last month or so? I'm sitting here (im)patiently waiting. Thanks!
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.
    Proud owner of a S&W 500, S&W 460V, and a S&W 629...yes I love my wheelguns.

I've been waiting since April 24th as well oddly enough. I even requested an email for notification of transfer and still nothing.

I recently called in about this and the operator said there are allot of transfers at the moment your wait should be within 2-3 weeks for a total of a month.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBaller View Post
    I've been waiting since April 24th as well oddly enough. I even requested an email for notification of transfer and still nothing.
    I feel your pain. I've been taking my shotgun and Mossberg 715T .22LR up to Target Sports a few times a week. I'm taking the SKS tomorrow for a change. I'll still take the Mossberg for my fiance though. She's having fun with it. But my GOD I want to shoot my new collection of restricted!
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTROISKING View Post
    I recently called in about this and the operator said there are allot of transfers at the moment your wait should be within 2-3 weeks for a total of a month.
    Thank you. Hopefully some time this week then!
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.

CGN Regular
    Bought a pistol yesterday, from a dealer, in Ontario. 2-3 weeks, for transfer? That is terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpi View Post
    Bought a pistol yesterday, from a dealer, in Ontario. 2-3 weeks, for transfer? That is terrible!
    Yeah they're slow as hell. My 9mm showed up yesterday. The other pistols I bought the same day still don't have registration confirmation. Ugh.
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mike445 View Post
    Yeah they're slow as hell. My 9mm showed up yesterday. The other pistols I bought the same day still don't have registration confirmation. Ugh.
    Mike C.
    Think I met you yesterday, at the gun store. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpi View Post
    Think I met you yesterday, at the gun store. lol.
    TSC? I spend a LOT of time there. 😂
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.

If i buy from a store. Seems to be 3-5 days. Private sale tends to take 2-weeks.. its all over the map when it comes to transfers. My 1st purchase many years ago took the longest at 3 weeks.

Page 1 of 128 1234567891121 ... LastLast