Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A prime example of how concerned our government is on finances and the environment

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Once bought 2 guns at the same time. Only received 1 envelope, 1 green sheet, and both certs were on the same yellow paper.
    bought two restricted two weeks apart and both arrived together on the same sheet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surplusshooter View Post
    bought two restricted two weeks apart and both arrived together on the same sheet
    Same here. Transfers were initiated and completed weeks apart but they arrived together.

what surprises me most is that you only have 18 certificates! Lol (Not starting a pissin match!)
    Stuff all the excess in one of their envelopes and mark it return to sender.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Having watched threads on registration certificate printing for years, I believe there are a couple of ways that Canadian Firearms Program staff can print them.

They can print multiple certificates (six I think) on a single page, and put multiple pages into a single envelope.
    however wherever the ability to do that is, it's not used as often as it could be. It might even print to a local laser printer within a few meters of the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer and require them to put them into a big envelope by hand.

But

By far the easiest way for a CFP telephone staffer (aka Information Officer) to handle it is to push a button. At that 'easy to use button' prints one certificate per page per envelope.
    As rumor has it, back in 2004, St. Joseph Print Group Inc (possibly owned by a friend of Liberals) had the printing and envelope stuffing contract for the Canadian Firearms Program, and got about $3.2 million per year to print the certificates. There was a rumor that they were printing registration certs only 1 day a week, such as Friday, so they could deliver them in bulk to Canada post. i.e. the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer in Miramichi New Brunswick would push the button, and the printing company in Ottawa would queue them up to print them all together.
    Last edited by rangebob; 05-11-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    Having watched threads on registration certificate printing for years, I believe there are a couple of ways that Canadian Firearms Program staff can print them.

They can print multiple certificates (six I think) on a single page, and put multiple pages into a single envelope.
    however wherever the ability to do that is, it's not used as often as it could be. It might even print to a local laser printer within a few meters of the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer and require them to put them into a big envelope by hand.

But

By far the easiest way for a CFP telephone staffer (aka Information Officer) to handle it is to push a button. At that 'easy to use button' prints one certificate per page per envelope.
    As rumor has it, back in 2004, St. Joseph Print Group Inc (possibly owned by a friend of Liberals) had the printing and envelope stuffing contract for the Canadian Firearms Program, and got about $3.2 million per year to print the certificates. There was a rumor that they were printing registration certs only 1 day a week, such as Friday, so they could deliver them in bulk to Canada post. i.e. the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer in Miramichi New Brunswick would push the button, and the printing company in Ottawa would queue them up to print them all together.
    As an actual contractor for the govt you would rather them do as much at the same time than spaced out during the week.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Well I for one think all that paper is EXACTLY what we need to protect us from rampant gun violence and keep us all safe and cozy. It's an impenetrable green and buff wall I tell you.

And the cost? What are you complaining about? A government computer can spit those babies out for not more than $50 a piece whereas a real live, envelope stuffing, stamp licking civil servant couldn't do it for less than $150 each plus sick days and a pension.

Quote Originally Posted by RPgunguy View Post
    what surprises me most is that you only have 18 certificates! Lol (Not starting a pissin match!)
    Stuff all the excess in one of their envelopes and mark it return to sender.
    I looked at the photo without reading the text and assumed it was a shopping spree.

I use the green sheets to sketch out stage designs for local IPSC matches.
    You just have to find a way to recycle.
    When your dreams turn to dust Vaccum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GLOCK_PERFECTION's Avatar
    Government employees aren't concerned about saving a few $$$.
    This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GLOCK_PERFECTION". These posts are for entertainment use. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

I agree with you on the postage but not the save a tree part. Trees are what drives a huge part of the Canadian economy. Plus it gets recycled into more paper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast