A prime example of how concerned our government is on finances and the environment

Having watched threads on registration certificate printing for years, I believe there are a couple of ways that Canadian Firearms Program staff can print them.

They can print multiple certificates (six I think) on a single page, and put multiple pages into a single envelope.
however wherever the ability to do that is, it's not used as often as it could be. It might even print to a local laser printer within a few meters of the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer and require them to put them into a big envelope by hand.

But

By far the easiest way for a CFP telephone staffer (aka Information Officer) to handle it is to push a button. At that 'easy to use button' prints one certificate per page per envelope.
As rumor has it, back in 2004, St. Joseph Print Group Inc (possibly owned by a friend of Liberals) had the printing and envelope stuffing contract for the Canadian Firearms Program, and got about $3.2 million per year to print the certificates. There was a rumor that they were printing registration certs only 1 day a week, such as Friday, so they could deliver them in bulk to Canada post. i.e. the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer in Miramichi New Brunswick would push the button, and the printing company in Ottawa would queue them up to print them all together.

Last edited:
Having watched threads on registration certificate printing for years, I believe there are a couple of ways that Canadian Firearms Program staff can print them.

They can print multiple certificates (six I think) on a single page, and put multiple pages into a single envelope.
however wherever the ability to do that is, it's not used as often as it could be. It might even print to a local laser printer within a few meters of the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer and require them to put them into a big envelope by hand.

But

By far the easiest way for a CFP telephone staffer (aka Information Officer) to handle it is to push a button. At that 'easy to use button' prints one certificate per page per envelope.
As rumor has it, back in 2004, St. Joseph Print Group Inc (possibly owned by a friend of Liberals) had the printing and envelope stuffing contract for the Canadian Firearms Program, and got about $3.2 million per year to print the certificates. There was a rumor that they were printing registration certs only 1 day a week, such as Friday, so they could deliver them in bulk to Canada post. i.e. the Canadian Firearms Program telephone staffer in Miramichi New Brunswick would push the button, and the printing company in Ottawa would queue them up to print them all together.

As an actual contractor for the govt you would rather them do as much at the same time than spaced out during the week.

Well I for one think all that paper is EXACTLY what we need to protect us from rampant gun violence and keep us all safe and cozy. It's an impenetrable green and buff wall I tell you.

And the cost? What are you complaining about? A government computer can spit those babies out for not more than $50 a piece whereas a real live, envelope stuffing, stamp licking civil servant couldn't do it for less than $150 each plus sick days and a pension.

what surprises me most is that you only have 18 certificates! Lol (Not starting a pissin match!)
Stuff all the excess in one of their envelopes and mark it return to sender.

I looked at the photo without reading the text and assumed it was a shopping spree.

I agree with you on the postage but not the save a tree part. Trees are what drives a huge part of the Canadian economy. Plus it gets recycled into more paper.

Recently a folder that had all of my registration certificates got accidentally destroyed. I called up the CFC spoke to a real nice fellow about my problem and he said that the CFC would mail replacement certificates out within a day or 2. Great!! I expected more hassle but the exchange was very positive.
Yesterday I got 18 envelopes from the CFC along with 18 sheets of green paper that the 18 registration certificates were wrapped in.

Now I truly appreciate the service the CFC has provided, but maybe , just maybe all of the certificates could have been stuffed into 1 large envelope and saved a ton of postage that we tax payers are paying for and also shown that the government actually DOES care about the environment and saved a tree and all the costs of turning said tree into paper that is about to be thrown out?

No small wonder our taxes are so high.

Rant mode off!

The government cares about one thing... power... everything else is just posturing to gain that power.

A few years ago I lost a couple certs so I asked that my certs be re-issued and compiled to 4 per sheet so I didn't have a stack inches thick. I was pleasantly told 'not a problem'. weeks later I recieved a stack of envelopes. Some one sheet had 4 certs the rest were singles and doubles. I just gave up and piled them with the others. At least the couple that I had lost were replaced.

Back
Top Bottom