Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint "Factory" Version

CGN frequent flyer
    I hate to be "this guy" but youve got me very seriously considering buying one of these Factory models. Id be HAPPY to sell my AR's for one for sure. But I definitely cant afford the full jam, custom MV.

So heres my question:

I hate the round handguard. But I like everything else about the factory rifle. What are the options or possibilities in getting the factory gun but having the handguard swapped... either to something you supply or something I can supply (im picky abotu handguards).

As I said, im very seriously considering getting ride of all my .223 NR guns for ONE of these... which is a big step for me. But being the picky guy I am (despite being on a limited budget) I jsut cant see myself doing that with the round handguard and no ability to swap hand guards myself.

Have you considered making an option to buy the gun with JUST a standard style barrel nut and no handguard? There are LOTS of handguard options out there that mount to a standard barrel nut and installing a handguard cant be a liability issue since it has no effect on the operation of the gun. If you made that option available, id buy one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I hate to be "this guy" but youve got me very seriously considering buying one of these Factory models. Id be HAPPY to sell my AR's for one for sure. But I definitely cant afford the full jam, custom MV.

So heres my question:

I hate the round handguard. But I like everything else about the factory rifle. What are the options or possibilities in getting the factory gun but having the handguard swapped... either to something you supply or something I can supply (im picky abotu handguards).

As I said, im very seriously considering getting ride of all my .223 NR guns for ONE of these... which is a big step for me. But being the picky guy I am (despite being on a limited budget) I jsut cant see myself doing that with the round handguard and no ability to swap hand guards myself.

Have you considered making an option to buy the gun with JUST a standard style barrel nut and no handguard? There are LOTS of handguard options out there that mount to a standard barrel nut and installing a handguard cant be a liability issue since it has no effect on the operation of the gun. If you made that option available, id buy one for sure.

I don't like the factory hood on the new Dodge Chargers, will Dodge sell me one without the hood? NO

However when inquiring about purchasing talk to Rick or Dustin and they may see what hand guard you want to install and they will probably install it for you at time of build. Selling something incomplete has bit too many times. Unless its something super weird or no allowed in Canada (ITAR Controlled or Grey Market), I'm sure they can help.

Cheers
    SF1

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    If all that is holding you up is the $50.00 hand guard that the "Factory" model comes with, I don't see the problem. Buy a "Factory" model Varmint, pick a handguard you like, ship it to us and we can swap it over for you, probably in exchange for the factory hand guard we offer. The caveat is to get it done BEFORE we start assembling a production run so as to not complicate our assembly work. If we have to strip down the upper, there will be some added costs for the additional labor.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Roger that, thanks a lot for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    This shipment of triggers is for builds we already have orders for so will not affect future orders for builds. From date of order we try our hardest to have a rifle done in the 6 months we aim for. Unfortunately sometimes things take longer than anticipated due to circumstances beyond our control, such as CBSA taking a long time to release an order, or YRC freight systems losing an order of barrels.

CGN frequent flyer
    If all that is holding you up is the $50.00 hand guard that the "Factory" model comes with, I don't see the problem. Buy a "Factory" model Varmint, pick a handguard you like, ship it to us and we can swap it over for you, probably in exchange for the factory hand guard we offer. The caveat is to get it done BEFORE we start assembling a production run so as to not complicate our assembly work. If we have to strip down the upper, there will be some added costs for the additional labor.
    You guys are awesome. Ill get to work on that right away. Thanks so much for clearing up that option.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderfire1 View Post
    I don't like the factory hood on the new Dodge Chargers, will Dodge sell me one without the hood? NO

However when inquiring about purchasing talk to Rick or Dustin and they may see what hand guard you want to install and they will probably install it for you at time of build. Selling something incomplete has bit too many times. Unless its something super weird or no allowed in Canada (ITAR Controlled or Grey Market), I'm sure they can help.

Cheers
    SF1
    Dodge chargers arent hand built in small batches by a company who, for the most part, assembles custom rifles every day. They are also not interchangeable with HUNDREDS of other hoods currently available. Everyone has a preference in how their AR's feel. The handguard is a huge part of that. Its why ATRS builds custom guns. They clearly understand how important that is and are willing to work with even small customers like me. Which is pretty incredible IMO.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    We have 1 Modern Varmint Factory model with collapsible stock on the shelf at this second. $2750.00 plus tax and shipping if required.

I don't this will last long.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

We have 1 Modern Varmint Factory model with collapsible stock on the shelf at this second. $2750.00 plus tax and shipping if required.

I don't this will last long.

Email sent!

Hi Guys,
    Are we still looking at a 6 month wait or might there a couple on the shelf?
    Thanks.
    F.... THIS LIBERAL WOKE SCUM.

Just my two cents 18 1/2" barrel would be nice